Author Topic: Is it possible to port 1 of these 2 maps to v21?  (Read 1315 times)

Is it possible to port GSF California or GSF NYC? Someone ported kitchen and made it into a toggleable addon.

Kitchen and Bedroom were both made playable in very weird ways, they were pushing the limits iirc.

Something like GSF California or a bigger map is really stretching it. I'm not an expert on this so i can't give you a definitive answer.

if the issue with the bedroom/kitchen was too many static shapes, then a GSF map might actually be doable if it loaded and unloaded buildings as the player moved
which might also look kind of funky if the player has a draw distance higher than the radius the static shapes can handle

if the issue with the bedroom/kitchen was too many static shapes, then a GSF map might actually be doable if it loaded and unloaded buildings as the player moved
which might also look kind of funky if the player has a draw distance higher than the radius the static shapes can handle
but what about the terrain? making terrain in staticshapes is insanely hard and wont be worth it at all probably

It might be possible, but I wouldn't count on it.  There is to much work to go through, both w/terrain and reducing the datablock count to something downloadable.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:17:11 AM by Tendon »

Well, I had a system before that someone made and they made the Bedroom and the Other one with the Fan 'n stuff...

I forgot its name, though.

Well, I had a system before that someone made and they made the Bedroom and the Other one with the Fan 'n stuff...

I forgot its name, though.
System_StaticMaps?
That's just a setup to load staticshapes, IIRC.