Author Topic: Snowy mountain environment?  (Read 975 times)

I need a snowy mountain skybox. with the snow particles like in the default snow environment (maybe different snow particles? a simple white faded circle could suffice)

>inb4 SEARCH

putting anything other than a sky and clouds in a skybox is generally a bad idea in blockland, it looks weird. You'd need actual physical mountains (or at least hills) in between, because otherwise you notice the fact that the ground continues infinitely into the distance and then there's a mountain infinitely far away. You also generally want them to be small and with very, very little detail. Look at some TF2 maps with mountains in the skybox to see kind of what I'm talking about. They're flat color and there's actual hills in between rather than an infinite plane.

wonder if there's any way to create the illusion of large, far-away mountains without actually making mountains that size
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 08:00:11 PM by Super Suit 12 »

putting anything other than a sky and clouds in a skybox is generally a bad idea in blockland, it looks weird. You'd need actual physical mountains (or at least hills) in between, because otherwise you notice the fact that the ground continues infinitely into the distance and then there's a mountain infinitely far away. You also generally want them to be small and with very, very little detail. Look at some TF2 maps with mountains in the skybox to see kind of what I'm talking about. They're flat color and there's actual hills in between rather than an infinite plane.

wonder if there's any way to create the illusion of large, far-away mountains without actually making mountains that size
brother tf do you think i'm going to use them on, a flat built level? I'm creating mountains in my game out of ModTer so I can blend them.
this doesn't help

I'm just trying to be helpful