Author Topic: ARMS - Global Testpunch!  (Read 4244 times)

what are these "reasons"
reasons

aka i don't have a good one i just like playing as him lol
and his whole "perma charge when he's low on hp" thing is fun

This game looks fun, too bad it's another switch exclusive...

This game looks fun, too bad it's another switch exclusive...
no other consoles have the joycons and the non-motion controls are confusing IMO
it's almost entirely motion controls (only jump, dash, and rush are buttons) when you're using the motion controls and aside from the fact I grab when I just want to throw two punches sometimes, they're great.

Switch is totally worth buying if you can get the cash. There's plenty of good games for it (both exclusives and not)

also why is jump/dash also charge and what is the benefit of charging anything but shock/ice? just more damage? I'd rather just spend the time it takes to charge hitting them an extra time. Is there a specific charge button I can hit that isn't jump/dash? It's very annoying to have to jump or dash every time I want to charge, I rarely do it
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 11:25:17 AM by Super Suit 12 »

no other consoles have the joycons and the non-motion controls are confusing IMO
it's almost entirely motion controls (only jump, dash, and rush are buttons) when you're using the motion controls and aside from the fact I grab when I just want to throw two punches sometimes, they're great.
The button controls are simple though. The triggers punch, shoulder buttons rush, X jumps, Y dashes, left stick button blocks, and moving the left stick after a punch curves it.

The motion controls by nature aren't reliable when it comes to trying to quickly do a large number of inputs in a short amount of time, that and it has the possibility of misreading it.
also why is jump/dash also charge and what is the benefit of charging anything but shock/ice? just more damage? I'd rather just spend the time it takes to charge hitting them an extra time. Is there a specific charge button I can hit that isn't jump/dash? It's very annoying to have to jump or dash every time I want to charge, I rarely do it
Charging your arms makes them do more damage and activates their elemental/status effect when it hits. Blocking is also another way of charging them but it also leaves you open for a grab.

Like does no one play split screen or any form of local co-op anymore? I feel like the true magic of ARMS is playing with friends in serious matches of either local or split screen play. Other than that it gets old, reasons why Smash 4 didn't appeal to me for like half a year. Until I had friends come on occasion to play. Idk if this is game specific or just for all fighting games.

Local party mode apparently just makes you take turns fighting for some reason. I don't get it. Even 2v2 matches, only one player on a system plays at a time. What's up with that?

Local party mode apparently just makes you take turns fighting for some reason. I don't get it. Even 2v2 matches, only one player on a system plays at a time. What's up with that?
Yes! It pisses me off so loving much! Im in public with friends and we want to have two people on a switch each (there's two switches in this scenario), but we have to take turns! Like wtf why can't we do local split screen like literally every other switch game.