Poll

Whats the most Fearsome Enemies in your opinion?

Testament of the new ezekiel
Marta
The Heretics
Val
The Scalled
The School Demon
Neither/Haven't Seen

Author Topic: Outlast II  (Read 1671 times)

"Outlast 2 introduces you to Sullivan Knoth and his followers, who left our wicked world behind to give birth to Temple Gate, a town, deep in the wilderness and hidden from civilization. Knoth and his flock are preparing for the tribulations of the end of times and you’re right in the thick of it."

Outlast II is the sequel to Outlast I and takes place in the same universe but in a different scene of events. You play as Blake Langermann, working with your wife Lynn Langermann risking both of your lives to investigate stories no other Journalist would dare touch. The two of you are Investigating the murder of a Pregnant woman, known as a Jane Doe. Just like in Outlast I, neither you or Lynn are fighters. Running, hiding or ending the pain are your only choices. Outlast II will test your faith, pushing players to a place where going mad may be the only sane thing to do.

Ratings:
Steam: 9/10
IGN: 8.3/10
GameSpot: 7/10

Links:
Steam Page
Wiki Page
Red Barrels Official Site
Trailer
Crappy Short I made
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 12:39:50 PM by Duck Quackington »

"You're not evil, Blake. Just confused."

so loving disappointing compared to outlast 1 + whistleblower

>Implying outlast 1 was any good to begin with

it was ok but way loving better than 2

at least it had some things going for it in the first place unlike outlast 2

whats so bad about II anyway? Generically rushed? Please spread some information I don't see the problem here

whats so bad about II anyway? Generically rushed? Please spread some information I don't see the problem here

I was planning to get it but people told me that the story was uninteresting and confusing as forget as well with other in game problems. That just kinda put me off of it all together and made me remove it from my bucket list of games I might buy.

I think Outlast 2 is an okay game (I'd give it a 7/10, but nothing more), but you can't exactly deny it's problems. For me at least, Outlast 2 has two glaring flaws:

1. On my first playthrough, the story made no God damn sense, which of course meant doing a ton of research on the lore immediately after finishing it in order to understand any of it.

2. Bullstuff trial-and-error difficulty. Challenge is nice and all, but if I keep dying in the same loving spot over and over again in order to figure out what to do, the game just loses all of it's scare factor and becomes frustrating (that part where you have to run away from the demon into the bathroom stalls and back up the stairs again on nightmare difficulty can go forget itself).

I think Outlast 2 is an okay game (I'd give it a 7/10, but nothing more), but you can't exactly deny it's problems. For me at least, Outlast 2 has two glaring flaws:

1. On my first playthrough, the story made no God damn sense, which of course meant doing a ton of research on the lore immediately after finishing it in order to understand any of it.

2. Bullstuff trial-and-error difficulty. Challenge is nice and all, but if I keep dying in the same loving spot over and over again in order to figure out what to do, the game just loses all of it's scare factor and becomes frustrating (that part where you have to run away from the demon into the bathroom stalls and back up the stairs again on nightmare difficulty can go forget itself).
For problem 2, I actually agree. I died at that part during my Insane playthrough. So I could outrun people with branches in their heads, but not a school rapist? ok.

Speaking of which, the max running speed is a problem for me. You can only outrun enemies when you're running at your top speed(gottagofastxddd), but its whatever other action you do which loving slows you down. There's an obstacle up ahead, you've slowed down and the enemies kill you. You need to jump, you've slowed down and the enemies loving kill you. You go up stairs, some tongue spastic rips your head off with its tentacle from the internet. ANYTHING you do to escape enemies gets you killed anyway.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:14:35 AM by Duck Quackington »

It certainly seems lazy in comparison to outlast but i still think it's worth the pickup just for the scare factor.