Author Topic: Some type of addon that can reduce brickcount  (Read 5504 times)

-snip-

If you can do that heightmap, you're not far from doing the replacing.

it sucks that I can't code for stuff

they might have done it with new dup

they might have done it with new dup
We asked zeblote for a brick merging script like stated earlier, and he said it's not worth the effort. Idk yo

We asked zeblote for a brick merging script like stated earlier, and he said it's not worth the effort. Idk yo

I think it looks too realistic. If you went Blockland style, then you could reduce the brick count significantly.

Also, I saw that there's a road in there. Do you intend to drive on it with a jeep? If that's the case, then good luck.

I think it looks too realistic. If you went Blockland style, then you could reduce the brick count significantly.

Also, I saw that there's a road in there. Do you intend to drive on it with a jeep? If that's the case, then good luck.
It's a path that people walk on, but I don't see how that has any significance..

well I think that it's pretty blockland style to me....they primarily use 4x4x4 cubes

I can convert the save when I have time, just a bit busy right now

if you don't find somebody else to do it in the next week I can take a look at it

if you don't find somebody else to do it in the next week I can take a look at it
We've been looking for people for months to do this.
I will proclaim you my god if you can do this!

A lot of the vertical stacked 4x4 bricks are merged but the issue we're having is the horizontal ones like 4x8 across not up and down.

Bump, anybody still willing??

yeah, finals week is done
so I have time

I'll need the datablock data + save file
(or just tell me how the sizes and rotations are going to work, and then I can write an addon or a bit of java for it)

yeah, finals week is done
so I have time

I'll need the datablock data + save file
(or just tell me how the sizes and rotations are going to work, and then I can write an addon or a bit of java for it)
Here's the two brickpacks that have the merged bricks( If you need more brick variations / larger merges, tell me )
Pack 1( Made by Mr.Nobody ):   http://puu.sh/wA8IM/aec7a0ebf8.zip
Pack 2( Made by Me ):              http://puu.sh/wA8Ji/c745b0347e.zip

As for the save, we'll have to wait for Gunny to link it. I'm not sure which one is the most recent, as he's always loving around with stuff.

But brickcount doesn't matter due to the oct tree thing blockland has going on. The amount of rendered faces is the problem which you will not reduce by merging bricks. And you will not hit the brick limit before crashing the game.

They're probably reducing the brickcount to free up space for more bricks, not reduce lag.