INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause

Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 128901 times)

Forcing herself to swallow, Zhang looks around, looking both visibly confused and quite nauseous. She shakily places her handgun on the floor, looking to Elena for any explanation as she puts her hands behind her head.

Rog puts his hands behind his head and lies down on the couch, crossing his legs as well.

Jae follows suit with the rest of the group, switching his gun to safe and tucking it into his waistband.

Forcing herself to swallow, Zhang looks around, looking both visibly confused and quite nauseous. She shakily places her handgun on the floor, looking to Elena for any explanation as she puts her hands behind her head.

Elena looks distressed and guilty. Perhaps even embarrassed. She takes the magazine from her weapon and stows both. Her right hand is shaking as she puts her hands up at shoulder height.

"What a mess you've made for us. Let's work a way through it," the voice speaks.

Those of you who are animate are beckoned outside where you are met with about a dozen thugs. Most are pointing there guns at the group. There are a lot of compact submachine guns and shotguns. One of the thugs introduces himself as Mr. Xang. He is a man of indeterminate ancestory, not uncommon in Aurum. He claims to be the boss of this group who you've attacked, who call themselves the Anglers. He describes his group as a protection organization, and asks you not to use the term 'protection racket.' He also claims that he can solve both his new manpower problem and your new debts with one deal. Mr. Xang hazards that you were looking for a doctor, and claims that the Doctor had "hired" his "protection firm." Finally, he asks that you disarm yourselves completely so that he may 'negotiate,' since you have some answering to do.

The thug that gave himself up hobbles out of the house with the thug that got shot in the bathroom. He says something two of Xang's men who head back inside. The former pair get in to one of the cars.

Inside, the two thugs head in and notice Rog, who is doing a whole lot of nothing. They look at him with disgust, but move on checking the bodies for who's still alive.

An irritated expression spreads over Norum's face as he wordlessly and slowly takes the strap of his satchel off of his left shoulder pulls the strap over his head and tosses it gently on the ground, keeping constant eye contact with the leader of the group.  He places his right foot on top of the bag and places his empty hands back up at the height of his ears, palms open.

Ryde slowly takes out his pistol, and leans down to place it on the floor. He then raises his hands once more and walks away from the gun.

Jae is fearful for what's to come, but keeps himself calm. He then takes his gun from his waistband, crouching down to place it on the floor before standing up again, arms raised and hands opened.

Mr. Xang keeps talking as two of his men haphazardly carry the goon that was shot in the stairway and lay him in the back of one of the cars. They return inside for another.

"If you'll indulge me, do I have any volunteers to do some work for us to pay off some of this debt you've run up? Perhaps, three of you. Four if you're feeling ambitious. Just to help us out, you see some of our storefronts haven't payed their dues recently. Something awful happening to those businesses might convince the shop owners to see that they need some more security. The rest of you can come with me to somewhere less disgusting than this part of town,"

The two thugs return, haphazardly carrying another one of their own out. He's got a couple holes in him. They stuff him into the passenger seat of the car and one of the two goes and tells something to another group of three thugs, who head inside.

Rog has about three thugs standing over him.

"Hey buddy, get up. You supposed to be outside," one of them orders.

All three are armed.

Ryde says, "I dont accept your security stuff, I just want out."

"I'll go", Norum volunteers, still keeping his foot on his bag.

He sighs and lowers his hands to shoulder level and looks back at what's going on back in the building.

Don't you be causing trouble, now.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 06:08:53 PM by SWAT One »

Zhang raises her hand nervously, stammering, "I- I'll go." She suddenly feels incredibly light-headed.

Jae massages his augmented throat, thinking.

"I'll go."

"Oh and uh, one more thing."
Norum turns back and addresses Xang,
"If it's alright with you I'd like to get out of the rain," he says, slowly reaching down to his right pant leg to pull it up slowly to reveal his prosthetic, before simply letting the clothes fall back into place and returning to a his former position. "Others here may be in the same boat."

Rog has about three thugs standing over him.
"Hey buddy, get up. You supposed to be outside," one of them orders.
All three are armed.
Rog stands up and examines the three thugs (where they are relative to him, what exactly theyre carrying, how professional they look, etc).

On second thought, Ryde decides to join in on the security thing once everyone decides to join