INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause

Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 129200 times)

Zhang raises her hand nervously, stammering, "I- I'll go." She suddenly feels incredibly light-headed.

"You don't sound so sure of yourself, miss," Xang says.

Nor does Elena take Xang up on his offer.

"Oh and uh, one more thing."
Norum turns back and addresses Xang,
"If it's alright with you I'd like to get out of the rain," he says, slowly reaching down to his right pant leg to pull it up slowly to reveal his prosthetic, before simply letting the clothes fall back into place and returning to a his former position. "Others here may be in the same boat."

"Well, those of you willing to go can get in the van. We'll take your weapons as a deposit, and I'll send my adjutant to keep you company. I'll be there to address you on the details in a moment, unless my adjutant gets to it first,"

Rog stands up and examines the three thugs (where they are relative to him, what exactly theyre carrying, how professional they look, etc).

The three thugs back up. They are grouped together in front of you. One has a shotgun, the another has a compact submachine gun, and the last has a machine pistol built up to act like a SMG. They certainly aren't professional looking. The one with the shotgun has it loosely pointing at your feet.

"C'mon man," he commands.

"Alright, just give me a minute to situate myself."
Norum picks his satchel off the ground and shakes it off, then slowly digs inside to retrieve his 159, which he removes he removes from his bag and keeps pointed at the ground. He releases the mag into his support hand and tucks it in his vest pocket, then releases the chambered round from the chamber and catches it before it hits the ground. He then retrieves the magazine again and loads the round back into the magazine.

Xang rolls his head to direct a thug to come forward and retrieve his pistol, which Norum places in the man's outstretched hand as well as the magazine with the 13 rounds in it.  He then digs once more in his bag and places the switchblade in the thug's hand in its retracted position.

"Don't lose it", Norum says gruffly to the man.
"Don't worry, I'll take extra good care of it," the man replies, stepping back before absentmindedly tossing the gun and the magazine to some other nameless mook, who fumbles to catch them, the magazine being deflected into a nearby car's rear side panel, the car that you all arrived in. The alarm goes off as all the cartridges spill out of the magazine.

Another thug with a compact SMG pointed at Ryde's legs walks up to Ryde and holds out an open palm.  "Your weapons."

The three thugs inside are getting restless, and a second one with the compact SMG to his left speaks up, "C'mon fella, we ain't got all night."
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 01:06:15 AM by SWAT One »

The three thugs back up. They are grouped together in front of you. One has a shotgun, the another has a compact submachine gun, and the last has a machine pistol built up to act like a SMG. They certainly aren't professional looking. The one with the shotgun has it loosely pointing at your feet.

"C'mon man," he commands.
The three thugs inside are getting restless, and a second one with the compact SMG to his left speaks up, "C'mon fella, we ain't got all night."
Rog gives a sigh of resignation and nods, adjusting his backpack and taking a step towards them to leave the room. He stops mid-step and looks around the thugs to the floor behind them.
"Wait- did any of you see a silver canteen walking in here?"

Ryde points down to the ground, the pistol is behind the man on the floor
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 09:55:34 AM by Agent Legit 22 »

"You don't sound so sure of yourself, miss," Xang says.

"I just had a... rough time with what happened in there, is all," Zhang replies. She vaguely gestures to the house before softly sighing.

Jae picks up his 159 from the ground, handing it to Mr. Xang as he walks towards and into the van.

Elena sheepishly takes her keys and silences the car. Mr. Xang takes notice, and asks for the car as a deposit, but promises it will be returned at the end of the night.

Rog gives a sigh of resignation and nods, adjusting his backpack and taking a step towards them to leave the room. He stops mid-step and looks around the thugs to the floor behind them.
"Wait- did any of you see a silver canteen walking in here?"

The two of the thugs look around from where they stand. Another just scowls.

1d6 + Mind + Awareness vs Difficulty 6
Rolls for two guys: 6, 1
6 vs Difficulty 6
Test Passed

The one with the machine pistol points to a silver canteen in the doorway.

"That it?"

"I just had a... rough time with what happened in there, is all," Zhang replies. She vaguely gestures to the house before softly sighing.

"Let it be known we're renegotiating some business deals here in a rather violent manner. Nothing like you did to my men though," Xang replies.

He turns to another one of his thugs.

"Mr. Jackson, please take another man with you and take these four to our clients on West 55th Street, please. Bust up the storefronts on the block of West 55th and Union Street,"

A large mountain of a man nods. His head is clean shaven and he sports a goatee, and his weapon of choice is a full-sized shotgun. Mr. Jackson has a skintone that would suggest he's African in lineage but his facial features suggest that he's mixed. Despite his imposing stature, the look on his face shows no malice.

Xang notices his thugs discussing something with another one of the gang in the house, but neglects to act. Another thug keeps collecting your guns.

The two of the thugs look around from where they stand. Another just scowls.
Rog grabs the thug on the left and the thug on the right by the head and slams them both into the one in the middle's head.

By now, Norum, who would now be boarding the van turns to see hear that Rog went full caveman and sits down nervously.  He watches to see how the thugs react and looks around the van to see if there are Anglers guarding the door that isn't opened on the other side, how many and what they're armed with.  He also checks to see if the door is locked beyond normal car locks.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:04:58 PM by SWAT One »

Zhang looks over at Xang, clearing her throat. "You are aware that some issues can be solved through conversation, yes? I'd like to believe that I'm something of a... deal-maker. Believe me that most customers would rather not be afraid of having their legs br-"
Her pitch is abruptly cut off by the sound of violence coming from inside the house.

Rog grabs the thug on the left and the thug on the right by the head and slams them both into the one in the middle's head.

Rolls for Initiative.

1d6 + Mind + Awareness
Roger Roll: 6
6 - 1 = 5

Thug 1 Roll: 1
1 + 0 = 1

Thug 2 Roll: 5
5 + 1 = 6

Thug 3 Roll: 5
5 + 0 = 5

Combat Order:
Thug 2
Rog
Thug 3
Thug 1

Rog grabs the heads of the two flanking thugs and starts swinging them towards the center guy.

1d6 + Body + Athletics vs Difficulty 6
3 + 1+ 0 vs Difficulty 6
Test failed.

Despite his initiative, he can't get out of the way in time. He is sandwiched between the two. Warbirds doesn't provide rules for stuns but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they're probably a bit confused.

Outside Xang notices the violence and sends his adjutant Mr. Jackson and a man with a submachine gun to the door. Another thug with a pistol follows as well. He orders those outside to stay put and his men to shoot if you lot try something stupid. Elena looks to be on the verge of throwing up.

By now, Norum, who would now be boarding the van turns to see hear that Rog went full caveman and sits down nervously.  He watches to see how the thugs react and looks around the van to see if there are Anglers guarding the door that isn't opened on the other side, how many and what they're armed with.  He also checks to see if the door is locked beyond normal car locks.

The van's rear doors are open. There is one watching you, gun aimed. He's got a shotgun, and he's at a distance where you'd have to charge him. There are a five others, including Xang within view, training their arms on the other members.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 07:46:43 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

Ryde turns his head to spot the action happening inside.

Norum quickly raises his hands and places them behind his head and tries to peer inside the house to see what's going on.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 08:19:04 PM by SWAT One »

"Issues can be solved through conversation such as this one," Zhang belts off swiftly. She feels a tension underneath her skin as her augments activate. Pheromones drift from her skin and into the air. "Unless you want more dead men, I can defuse the situation."

Rog sweeps his leg across the three stooges' shins to knock them off their already shaky footing behind the couch, then (if successful) elbow drops Thug 3, intending to connect his metal arm with the target's head.