INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause

Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 129197 times)

Ryde attempts to use his crowbar to open the door.

No dice. The door will only move a tenth on an inch or so either way.

Norum looks over to see a digital clock and it reminds him of how tired he is. On top of that, there's two more shops that need to be hit.

Norum goes to where Rog had just finished beating the refrigerators and speaks up, "We should wrap things up. We still have another two to destroy."

He then begins to jog slightly and stops only to climb out through the window.  He waves to Marcus, "We're done with this one. Hope the sounds were music to your ears."

Marcus looks in and sees the practically untouched checkout terminals.

"Give those some attention then move on to the next spot,"

Norum stops in a heel-turn and heads back, where he jumps on top of the terminal and then bunny hops from one terminal to the next, being sure to stomp down each terminal as he lands.

Ryde inspects what the material the door is made of.

Norum stops in a heel-turn and heads back, where he jumps on top of the terminal and then bunny hops from one terminal to the next, being sure to stomp down each terminal as he lands.

Norum AGI: 50
Norum is trained in Acrobatics
stuffstomping a row of kiosks is probably challenging, +0
Test taken at 50
Roll: 53
Result: Norum trips.

You stomp the registers, rendering them useless, and also you trip yourself up on the last register.

Ryde inspects what the material the door is made of.

Metal.

Jae just follows Norum.

"Next place," Marcus addresses both you and Norum.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 09:46:12 PM by Mr. Hurricane »

Ryde comes back out of the alley, and tries the front door.

Norum recovers, stumbling and not so smoothly regaining his footing.  He brushes himself off and heads outside where Marcus addresses them to go to the next place.  Norum peers about to try and see if anyone is working on the other shops already and would walk over to them should he see them.  Otherwise, he would walk to the liquor store.

OT: this post number matches my BLF ID.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 12:13:46 AM by SWAT One »

i think the vote is conclusive, we're skipping this mission and moving on to the next.

The group breaks into the pawn shop and liquor store. In the pawn shop, most valuable items are in lock boxes and large items are tagged. The best you can do is take stupid novelty items and trinkets, and break what else is there. The liquor store looted and vandalized, Norum has his run of the place, as well as Marcus picking out choice drinks before everything else is smashed, and the store reeks of alcohol to the point of nausea.

Having done your jobs 'good enough' the group is given pittance for their work, barely enough for a meal. The group's cars are returned and you are all sent home at about four in the morning. Xang says he doesn't want to see you again.

A few days later you receive a message from Elena, be it directly or forwarded from Norum.

Need some help, if you guys are serious about getting this doctor I think
we can get a little cadre of people together. Tonight is somewhat unrelated.
Who wants to go pub crawling? It'd be an opportunity to start something.
Either way, drinks are on me, and for your help I'll pay you at the end of
the night. Dress nice.

She also details a meetup location, as well as a time. Late evening at a bar in south central Hanley Park.

"I'll go. Might have to limit the drinking though, never know how my throat will react."

Ryde shrugs, saying "I'm not much of a drinker, but I'll go."

Norum in on a Subway line heading from Hanley Central to Hanley South.  Despite the cabin of the train smelling of piss and a slight hint of old beer, Norum is dressed in a white dress shirt, wearing a pinstripe burgundy suit vest with a black backing, and nice black jeans with a black leather belt. His hair, still messy, is kept under a black hat, completely out of place for the dingy subway. Norum glances to the other end of the cabin where a disheveled man in stained clothes is muttering to himself, taking a swig from his bottle kept in a brown bag, the looks back to the watch on his left wrist. 20:41. stuff, I'm gonna be late.

Norum sighs as the train begins to slow as it approaches it's next stop on its route.  Norum widens his stance so as to stabilize himself for the stop, and does so successfully, where the man on the other end of the car tips over onto his side and a dash of his liquor splashes out onto the floor next to him. The man grumbles, and curses in a mumbling tone under his breath and slowly rights himself.

The doors to the train open.

Jae slips in, wearing a white dress shirt with a solid black tie and a grey dinner jacket and black pleated pants.

"Hey, Norum right?" he says, trying to get Norum's attention.

Norum's head turns to the right to focus in on the man who just entered.  "Yeah, here" he says, waving his left hand slightly.

Zhang enters the subway car, briefly glancing at her watch. She looks up at Norum and Jae, roostering an eyebrow up at the fresh clothing before giving them a curt nod. As for herself, she's still wearing the same clothing she ran out of Salus in, albeit washed.

Norum in on a Subway line heading from Hanley Central to Hanley South.  Despite the cabin of the train smelling of piss and a slight hint of old beer, Norum is dressed in a white dress shirt, wearing a pinstripe burgundy suit vest with a black backing, and nice black jeans with a black leather belt. His hair, still messy, is kept under a black hat, completely out of place for the dingy subway. Norum glances to the other end of the cabin where a disheveled man in stained clothes is muttering to himself, taking a swig from his bottle kept in a brown bag, the looks back to the watch on his left wrist. 20:41. stuff, I'm gonna be late.

Norum sighs as the train begins to slow as it approaches it's next stop on its route.  Norum widens his stance so as to stabilize himself for the stop, and does so successfully, where the man on the other end of the car tips over onto his side and a dash of his liquor splashes out onto the floor next to him. The man grumbles, and curses in a mumbling tone under his breath and slowly rights himself.

The doors to the train open.

The subway cars are dingy and show signs of wear and overuse. They are, however, better than they once were. About ten years ago the cars were lined with graffiti, inside and out, and trash was strewn about the bottom of the cars. Crime is still an issue though, at least in the early hours of the morning in trains in poor areas.

A map on the wall of the car depicts subway lines with the complexity of the human circulatory system, although anyone who has lived in Aurum for more than a month will have learned it by necessity. Your station is only a few stops away.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 12:01:21 PM by Mr. Hurricane »