INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause

Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 128791 times)

Seeing that the answer provided seems to satisfy, Norum and Brooklyn take the subway train through about five stops, then transfer to another train, take it, and transfer again, the train growing more and more packed along the way. After this, they arrive in Sharpton South and exit, tapping their cards before exiting and making it up to the street level. It's fairly dense. Most buildings are apartments, some with shops on the ground floor, ranging from three to six stories tall, some built recently and a few seeming to be built in the early 21st century.

"We're only a block away," Norum says while walking up the street, trying to keep out of the rain, thankfully lighter now.

Ryde enters, and looks in the former living room to search about.

Brooklyn keeps watching the streets. It isn't hard to feel uneasy in such open space with her experience. "Well I think I'm going to sit back and see how you operate. I'll try to be discerning if you need me to take an active role for some reason." She pulls up her hood and walks along beside Norum.

Daniel enters after Ryde, electing to head upstairs.  He keeps his hand on his pistol, which is tucked in his waistband behind his back.  The entire walk up, he remains wary of his surroundings.  Should it be dark upstairs, he would likely use a phone flashlight or similar to light the way.

"Probably for the best at this time. We usually don't bring people along for the uh– 'interviews'."

They continue down the street to an old bakery, the front of it seeming to be worn down and overgrown with various plants and weeds. "That building up ahead is the place, the one with the patio."

As Norum reaches the front, Norum stops as he sees a young woman sitting inside at a table. He continues inside at a slower pace from his brisk one used to dodge the rain and makes eye contact. "Langley?"

Nevada looks up when her name is spoken by an approaching Norum. She waves at him before responding,

"Yep, and you must be Norum, right?"

"Yes, that's me." Norum approaches, followed by Brooklyn in tow. "Oh and uh, this is Brooklyn. She joined today and you both happened to be on the same route." He reaches out a hand.

"Nice to meet you two." Nevada stands up and shakes Norum's hand.

"So, I guess you're going to ask me a couple of questions?"

"Yes, that's correct." Norum remains standing. "There is no one else here, correct?" He says looking around the patio and into the bakery.

Brooklyn taps Norum on the shoulder. "Hey if you want I can kick around and make sure nobody unexpected shows up without anyone noticing."

"Yes, please do." Norum responds to Brooklyn.

"She should just be a minute. The nature of our conversation is more or less confidential."

Nevada sits back down in her seat.

"Alright. I don't think there's anyone else around right now, though."

"So..." Norum pulls up a chair and its down at the table where Nevada is sitting. "How much do you know from Elena?"

Langley gives Norum a bit of a shrug. "I only know that your group is looking for that surgeon, I'm interested in finding him too."

"Why do you want to find him, and what do you expect to come of this?" Norum asks, sitting back and folding his arms.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 02:34:17 PM by SWAT One »