INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause

Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 129268 times)

Ryde enters, and looks in the former living room to search about.

Lucky you, the door is unlocked. The living room is dark, but you can make out the shapes of lopsided and broken furniture. The ceiling is cracked and pealing in places. The carpet is obviously stained. You smell the stink of mold and a foul burned odor. It doesn't smell like any drugs Ryde is familiar with, and in fact it does not seem like any smoked drug.

Otherwise, the living room has an open view of a dining area in the back. There are chairs that stand alone, without at table.

Ryde PER 33
Ryde is not trained in Awareness, -20
Difficulty adjustment, +10
Test taken at 23
Roll: 13
Test Passed

The smell seems to be coming from a door underneath the stairwell in the living room.

Daniel enters after Ryde, electing to head upstairs.  He keeps his hand on his pistol, which is tucked in his waistband behind his back.  The entire walk up, he remains wary of his surroundings.  Should it be dark upstairs, he would likely use a phone flashlight or similar to light the way.

Daniel moves his way upstairs, using his phone flashlight to navigate. The walls are dirty, the carpet is stained, the house stinks of mold. There are holes in the wall, and doors that don't seem to fit their frames. You come to a small foyer. There are several doors, and a staircase that heads up another floor.

Immediately catching your attention is a medium sized polymer crate sitting on the floor in a parlor, it is a bit larger than a shoe box.

"I guess I'll get to the point about it; he hurt a good friend of mine, and I'm hoping to stop him from hurting more people." Nevada leans forward in her seat and scratches at her temple.

Ryde sniffs around until he reaches the door underneath the stairwell. He then attempts to open it.

"I guess I'll get to the point about it; he hurt a good friend of mine, and I'm hoping to stop him from hurting more people." Nevada leans forward in her seat and scratches at her temple.
"Good. What's your aug?"

Zhang enters the building, glancing over the room and looking for anything of note. She stifles a soft cough as she enters.

Daniel reaches out to Elena.  "Got a crate here.  It's closed, no idea what's inside it, and I'm not taking chances."

"Good. What's your aug?"
"I don't actually have one, I'm just looking for the surgeon because that operation hurt my friend." Nevada pauses for a bit.

"If you're asking about my skillset, I design augs and have done some maintenance and repair on them.. though that work was on legitimate military and police augmentations."

Norum's eyes widen at the mention of no augment. But then settle when Nevada mentions a past in design and maintenance, nodding as she wraps up. "Hm, hm."

"So out of curiosity, why did you come to us, exactly?"

Ryde sniffs around until he reaches the door underneath the stairwell. He then attempts to open it.

The door comes open and you are assaulted by the reek of something awful. The stairwell descends in to darkness. There is an unhooked extension cord on the stairs.

Zhang enters the building, glancing over the room and looking for anything of note. She stifles a soft cough as she enters.

There is nothing worth noting in the living room.

Daniel reaches out to Elena.  "Got a crate here.  It's closed, no idea what's inside it, and I'm not taking chances."

"Could be a sterile aug crate. What's it look like?"

Brooklyn comes back over to where Norum and Nevada are seated. "This place is just about deserted," she says quietly as she takes a seat. As Norum asks his question, she turns her head to Nevada and tilts her head in curiosity.

"It's not like the police can do anything to find him, and your group seems to be the only bunch around looking for him."

"Could be a sterile aug crate. What's it look like?"
     "It's a little over a foot long, about half as wide.  Looks to be made of plastic."

Ryde reaches up to his earpiece, speaking into it. "I think I found something in the... ehhh... Basement? Something smells really stuffty down here."

"It's a little over a foot long, about half as wide.  Looks to be made of plastic."

"I'd bet it is a sterile box. Don't forget to bring it out later,"

Ryde reaches up to his earpiece, speaking into it. "I think I found something in the... ehhh... Basement? Something smells really stuffty down here."

"Someone could have taken a stuff in the basement. Let me know what you find,"

Daniel searches for any kind of handle to grab the crate by, and brings it over by the stairs.  He continues his search around, starting with the several rooms attached to the foyer.