INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause

Author Topic: INHUMAN Rebooted — Chapter 1: A Common Cause  (Read 129257 times)

"Sure."

Norum motions his hand to Brooklyn, "Brooklyn Vasco, augs include some military standard issue and... yeah, some visual implant. Wants to bring the Doctor to her own brand of justice."

Norum then motions to Nevada, "Nevada Langley, no augs, background in the design and maintenance of ADMEs. Wants to ensure the Doctor's activities stop harming people."

"Oh yeah, why didn't I think of that?", Ryde mumbles under his breath. He then turns on the flashlight option on his phone, and haves it about the room, looking around.

In the basement you begin to makes out a faint bite out of the stench of something awful. There are several empty milk jugs sitting in the next to the wall ahead of you. The floor appears wet in the corner where the jugs are, and there is a drain. The jugs appear empty. The extension cord that runs down the stairs ends in that corner. Ryde recalls mobile generators usually use alcohol anymore.

In the opposite corner there is a boiler, hatch open, and when you take the light away from it you notice that inside it is still glowing red.

The floor has a few red drops on it. They run from the stairs to the boiler.

Nobody else is in the basement, and the rest of it is fill with mixed home supplies. It looks like someones been in here and run through all of it though.

"Sure."

Norum motions his hand to Brooklyn, "Brooklyn Vasco, augs include some military standard issue and... yeah, some visual implant. Wants to bring the Doctor to her own brand of justice."

Norum then motions to Nevada, "Nevada Langley, no augs, background in the design and maintenance of ADMEs. Wants to ensure the Doctor's activities stop harming people."

Elena smiles.

"Hello! I'm Elena. Sorry to have been so distant and robotic when I contacted you guys," she says cheerily, "So- sorry to throw you right in to it all but there was a doctor operating out of this house not too long ago. A few of the gang are already in there. It could be our guy. At least I was confident enough that it could be that I thought we should have a look,"

Ryde puts two fingers up to his ear, pressing on the earpiece. "Ryde here, Looks like someone ran through everything down here. Theres some milk jugs, some blood, and a boiler which looks to be still warm.", Ryde then waits for a response

Nevada nods, "I guess if you guys find anything interesting, I can take a look at it."

Switching the light on her cell phone on, Zhang uses it to illuminate the stairs as she heads down. She coughs a bit into her sleeve as she heads down the stairs to the basement. Noting the blood, Zhang follows the trail to the boiler, inspecting it closer.

Brooklyn smiles at Elena. "No worries, it's good to see you in person finally." She turns to the house. "Wait so what all do we know about this place? Anything besides that he was he recently?"

Looking under the bed reveals nothing but dust and grit and cobwebs.

"No, I can't, with enough time I could. I'm on the side of privacy in this age, if we could ever get it back, so don't worry to much about me spying. Do you want a sandwich bag for the gauze? It sounds gross," he replies cheerfully.
     Daniel breaths a sigh of relief, "Oh, well, I suppose that makes me a bit less paranoid.  Do we have to pick up this stuff?  Because if so, then yes, I'd rather not touch it."
     He examines the rest of the room for any other signs of some sort of surgery, inspecting the bed sheets for blood or any other bio-hazards.  He's sure to watch where he steps, so as not to step on a syringe and contract HIV.

Ryde puts two fingers up to his ear, pressing on the earpiece. "Ryde here, Looks like someone ran through everything down here. Theres some milk jugs, some blood, and a boiler which looks to be still warm.", Ryde then waits for a response

"Noted. I'll be inside in a few. Reminder that anything that needs brown townyzed or needs real detective work done is going to cost me extra,"

Nevada nods, "I guess if you guys find anything interesting, I can take a look at it."

Elena looks a little distracted as you speak, but quickly replies.

"It sounds like Daniel already found a sterile augment box. I'll go in and grab it,"

Switching the light on her cell phone on, Zhang uses it to illuminate the stairs as she heads down. She coughs a bit into her sleeve as she heads down the stairs to the basement. Noting the blood, Zhang follows the trail to the boiler, inspecting it closer.

The awful smell becomes choking as you look down at the boiler. It smells like burnt flesh, except somehow worse. You look inside. You spot the broken forms of two bones, splintered by the heat.

Brooklyn smiles at Elena. "No worries, it's good to see you in person finally." She turns to the house. "Wait so what all do we know about this place? Anything besides that he was he recently?"

"A doctor worked here very recently. Can't tell if its the Doctor yet. That's the long and short of it, we're here to see what we can figure out."

Elena frowns for a moment. She turns to Norum.

"Could you watch the car? I'm gonna head inside and pick up whatever they're all finding inside,"

Daniel breaths a sigh of relief, "Oh, well, I suppose that makes me a bit less paranoid.  Do we have to pick up this stuff?  Because if so, then yes, I'd rather not touch it."
     He examines the rest of the room for any other signs of some sort of surgery, inspecting the bed sheets for blood or any other bio-hazards.  He's sure to watch where he steps, so as not to step on a syringe and contract HIV.

There's nothing else in this room.

"One minute, I'll be in," she replies.

Ryde nods his head, and heads upstairs. There, he remembers that the upstairs is widely unchecked, so he heads up there.

Zhang steps backwards and sucks a breath of just slightly fresher air through her blazer. With her phone as a flashlight, she gets a slightly closer look at the bones, trying to gauge what size of animal they could've come from. At the same time, she quickly flips through her contacts, getting ready to ring up Elena.

"Yeah, I'll watch it. Whose bike is that?

There's nothing else in this room.

"One minute, I'll be in," she replies.
     Daniel left the room, still speaking, "I'm going to continue looking around, but I'll mark the room by putting this crate in front of the door," he said.  He dragged the create over by the door, and then moved on to the next room, "It's upstairs." he continued.

Ryde nods his head, and heads upstairs. There, he remembers that the upstairs is widely unchecked, so he heads up there.

Daniel is already in one of the rooms. There are three other rooms, a bathroom, closet, and some kind of utility room.

Zhang steps backwards and sucks a breath of just slightly fresher air through her blazer. With her phone as a flashlight, she gets a slightly closer look at the bones, trying to gauge what size of animal they could've come from. At the same time, she quickly flips through her contacts, getting ready to ring up Elena.

They're too large to be animal bones. You get a feeling that perhaps perhaps its something more sinister.

Elena picks up immediately.

"Yo,"

"Yeah, I'll watch it. Whose bike is that?

"Daniel's. If someone touches it, shoot them," she answers cheerily.

Elena goes to her car and pops the truck, and starts preparing to head inside.

Daniel left the room, still speaking, "I'm going to continue looking around, but I'll mark the room by putting this crate in front of the door," he said.  He dragged the create over by the door, and then moved on to the next room, "It's upstairs." he continued.

"Got it,"

There are three other rooms, a bathroom, closet, and some kind of utility room.

Daniel decides to take a look in the bathroom.

"Right, sure."

Norum glances over at Elena walking toward her car, over to the bike, then around at the surroundings. Should no one be around, or no one paying mind, Norum would check if his pistol was loaded and ensure that it is accessible in his satchel.