Author Topic: is stick shift worth it in california  (Read 5097 times)

Stick is more fun to drive

I've had both for years and whatever my next vehicle is I'll be looking for stick

plus u can't drop a gear with an auto so checkmate

what the forget why is everyone recommending auto wtf

go canyon racing in cali bro im jealous
I went on a canyon run up Glendora w a couple evos and 2 gennis. one was a gennCIAsy and gave up like near the bottom so I passed him but stuff was scary the evos lost me really quick but I caught up cuz they pulled over bc a passenger was throwing up lol. it looked funny on the freeway bc the lineup was 2 evos then a lancer and like 2 more evos behind me. check out @meck_4b11 he was one of him his evo is dope

plus u can't drop a gear with an auto so checkmate

these days u can pick gears in any auto
shift paddles for a porsche with PDK (DCT)
shift paddles for a bmw with SMG II (Sequential)
slap stick on some random-ass car (traditional auto)

My lancer is cvt and from a stop, it's so goddamn slow. Like 0-60 is around 8 seconds. I get like 20mpg on the streets if i'm trying, bc normally i get like 18 bc it's fun to be loud.Anyway I'm not worried about mpgs i'm worried about traffic. The involvement that comes with stick interests me a lot, it's boring to just press down on the gas. I want to feel the car, be the car, forget the car's ECUs out. i've driven stick like twice and getting it into first hurts but i'm ok w everything else. my friend drives a stick mini cooper s and has offered to tutor me further

thats more of a powerplant issue. CVTs are special because they can keep the RPMs in the the sweet spot for either performance or efficiency no matter what speed the vehicle is going, of course depending on the car's programming. idk too much about them but "engineering explained" and "learn engineering" on youtube have great vids on CVTs

anyways driving a manual in traffic isn't that painful unless you regularly deal with bumper-to-bumper traffic between 0-30 mph. it helps a lot to practice rev-match downshifting. if you don't care about driving, then get the auto. who cares about appearances
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:54:43 PM by Zloff »