Author Topic: is stick shift worth it in california  (Read 5109 times)

stick is awful. don't use it. you'll also be paying more on gas too since it isn't as fuel-efficient as automatic transmissions.

i drive a manual car with no power steering or power brakes
stuffs cash

but srsly if you buy an automatic sports car ur basically gay
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 10:05:16 AM by e-maxx »

u already have a bootleg evolution why would u need another one
don't wanna be a poser anymore hEh but mostly bc i LOVE evos and lancers are not evos. if you've ever driven a standard lancer, you'd know how painfully slow it is. it's not fun enough. some people are like "hey nice evo" and i'm like "thanks!" but the lies keep me up at night so i decided well my car is about to be fully paid off why not sell and slap a thicc down on my realistic dream car? also evo >=9 or 10? hm

Depends where. Honestly shouldn't even be a state-wide question. The question should be including specifically what kind of area you live in. If you live in the LA area, or any high traffic city for that matter, then no. But if you live in a more rural or even suburban area, you'll be fine.
I live in Orange, so it's not THAT bad but my work is 7 miles away and the freeways are ass on some days. but some days it's okay so i'm not sure what i should get

but srsly if you buy an automatic sports car ur basically gay

tru people are gonna give me stuff for having an automatic evo lol

but i don't rlly care about that, stick seems more fun and versatile

buy an evo 8 and spend the savings on a sequential gearbox. best of both worlds and people will think you're a rally racer

edit
also evo >=9 or 10? hm

10 < 8 <= 9
get the 9 if you're not going to mod it at all or ur mainly gonna stick to bolt-ons
get the 8 if you want to mod to 600+ hp
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 01:41:24 PM by Zloff »

Everyone telling you not to get stick doesn't know how to drive stick... I daily drive a stick car. It is no pain at all, even in traffic. If you actually become good at driving stick it is just as easy as driving an automatic. If you get an EVO and it isn't stick then you are truly loving up.

get a stick, they're becoming a rare thing to own/know how to use and keeps you from getting distracted on roads.

Everyone telling you not to get stick doesn't know how to drive stick... I daily drive a stick car. It is no pain at all, even in traffic. If you actually become good at driving stick it is just as easy as driving an automatic. If you get an EVO and it isn't stick then you are truly loving up.
get a stick, they're becoming a rare thing to own/know how to use and keeps you from getting distracted on roads.
these men are correct

the real question is
why are you in california

drive a stick between yourself and california.

but legit, if you don't know how to, don't. if you do, go for it. learn manual transmission first before jumping right into it, or you're gonna be none to happy about having a manual in a high traffic area.

driving stick when you could be using automatic is like lighting your house with candles when you could be using electric lights.

stick has no advantages over automatic other than being cheaper to repair if it breaks. and automatic more than makes up for its more expensive maintenance costs with the amount of money you'll save on gas from using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQgOtveQi0
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 05:49:50 PM by Planr »

driving stick when you could be using automatic is like lighting your house with candles when you could be using electric lights.
Its more akin to doing hand calligraphy instead of using a computer generated font.

stick has no advantages over automatic other than being cheaper to repair if it breaks. and automatic more than makes up for its more expensive maintenance costs with the amount of money you'll save on gas from using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auQgOtveQi0

where did he say it was more fuel efficient tho