Author Topic: [Tool] Remove Wand - Made by ZSNO  (Read 5313 times)

I just don't like the toolgun. It just acts differently from basically anything else with its variable number of keypresses. I just find it vaguely frustrating to use.
only simple minded people like you should use this add-on then, it's really not hard to use the toolgun, pretty sure it has like 2 modes to switch using light key in normal mode, 4 modes using advanced mode (only should use it if you really need to), is it really that hard for you to cycle the 2 normal modes, it's JUST like the duplicator's mode cycle

wait is the toolgun the swiss army gun or something else that does the same stuff?
because the SAG has /commands to switch to any mode you need?
toolgun cycles through modes using light key

simple minded people like you
woah woah woah
I don't like the way an addon works therefore I am simple-minded
what
why are you being so hostile

anyways, there are /commands, I looked it up
neither of you brought this up unless that's what paperwork's claim insinuates
I have used the toolgun, nobody told me there were /commands for it.
I just find it unnecessary when you can use /commands to pull out specific tools vs /tg /[mode command], and I don't think that the whole it's-the-gmod-toolgun thing is really necessary or fitting with Blockland's style.

Anyways, I found it generally frustrating to use, apparently I must be misremembering because it's light key OR prev seat depending on which mode you want, but I do remember it being just generally mildly frustrating to use compared to the normal wrench and printer. The all-in-one thing is generally unnecessary if I have to still have to select a specific mode within it. Select a tool via scrollwheel or /command, or select the item via scrollwhele or /command, then select a mode via light key/prev seat key or /command. The New Duplicator is the same tool, the two modes have to be on the same item or you lose functionality (selecting an area via stack and then switching to get the box started around a whole stack).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:05:30 PM by Super Suit 12 »

I think he linked that because you can pretty much do this exact thing with the cut feature on the new duplicator.
It's way more tedious, though.

It's way more tedious, though.
when it comes to fastest brick deletion for a single brick, this is first, toolgun is a very close second, new duplicator is definitely third. It's just not made to do that.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:59:18 PM by Super Suit 12 »

To be fair, the new duplicator has a lot of options that don't even fit the name of it, the original duplicator had one use and one use only, to duplicate. Zeblote just went all out and most people don't care to learn about all the extra features. This is explained in one sentence, and doesn't require any key-binds.

when it comes to fastest brick deletion for a single brick, this is first, toolgun is a very close second, new duplicator is definitely third. It's just not made to do that.
I have always felt pretty speedy at deleting specific bricks using the duplicator.

/d
Select the brick in box selection mode
press ctrl x twice
brick b' gone

It's not lightening fast, but I feel like it beats tool gun. Toolgun is alright, but just feels a bit clunky y'know?

But I can see this addon defo being warranted for things like zones as mentioned before. It's not really possible to remove zones using the duplicator.

woah woah woah
I don't like the way an addon works therefore I am simple-minded
what
why are you being so hostile
There isn't any hostility involved, I'm sorry that you didn't know how the add-on worked since you didn't seem to use it, I called you simple minded because you make it sound like pressing the light key is too much for you (since you are doing it with Dup anyway). If you explained more like in your post this wouldn't happen. Sorry for any confusion  but things happen.

I'm not saying the add-on is bad, I understand that users will not like the Toolgun because it has features they don't need (especially if they exist elsewhere), I like the Toolgun because it is very convenient and I spawn with it. I don't want to waste more time on typing out a command if I can press 1 or 2 light key presses. If they don't like the Toolgun modes the add-on in the topic is just right for them.

That's why there is different user desires and calling them "simple minded" is hostile lol.

for binding commands, I remember there was a server command GUI
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=156642.0

(just makes it easier than using the command to add the bind, this way you can delete it easily and change it)

I have always felt pretty speedy at deleting specific bricks using the duplicator.

/d
Select the brick in box selection mode
press ctrl x twice
brick b' gone

It's not lightening fast, but I feel like it beats tool gun. Toolgun is alright, but just feels a bit clunky y'know?

But I can see this addon defo being warranted for things like zones as mentioned before. It's not really possible to remove zones using the duplicator.
turn off limited selection in select mode and move the box so its overlapping nothing but the zone brick

this is a slight bump, but this add-on doesn't do anything?

the add-on will not work with Server_DWandPlusPlus turned on.