Poll

Eh?

Yea
Nah

Author Topic: [Unfinished] Old vs New: D-Day Invasion Map [download available for new]  (Read 3529 times)

Howdy!

So this is a map [referring to the new d-day map] that I was working on for about two weeks for the user "Abstract" and a personal test to see how much my building "skills" have grown, but had to stop as college workloads started to take more time. It's a recreation of a small portion of the beaches of Omaha during the invasion of Normandy. The map is not complete and I don't plan on completing it, so here it is for anybody to use / finish if you'd like. There aren't really any abstract bricks that most people wouldn't have if you are consistent in downloading popular bricks, but just in case I placed all (or at least I think) the bricks and the colorset that I used in the dropbox below.

Here is the link to the dropbox that includes the map/bricks/colorset.

Comparing the new beach to my old D-Day build

Old (Not available to download thankfully)

New

Christ, the new one is exponentially better IMO

Yeah, the new one is a lot better.

what guns are those in the machine gun bunkers?

looks like the garand from that one receiver-like pack

If im not mistaken, they are from Crystalwarrior's Weapon_Package_Complex.

wow.

everything about it is so much better, especially the terrain
the regular brick terrain looks waaay better than the modter

Jesus new one is incredible.

If im not mistaken, they are from Crystalwarrior's Weapon_Package_Complex.

Thanks man, im working on a WWI map and I need old weapons

I wanna play on this so badly, this is beautiful!

I wanna play on this so badly, this is beautiful!

Hearing this from you honestly makes me want to finish the build since seeing your builds honestly made me want to be a better builder

Hearing this from you honestly makes me want to finish the build since seeing your builds honestly made me want to be a better builder
I typically don't like playing these types of games, but this map just makes me really want to play on it.
The map is so well made

When I get home I'm fixing the tank trap brick to have proper dts collision and fixing the seams. Don't want them ruining the look of your great build.

Also you are number 5 trillion to put the logs facing the wrong way. They're supposed to face with the low side to the sea and the tall side towards the bunkers so any landing craft that get on them get stuck due to the hull being lifted out of the water. But great build nontheless.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:09:34 AM by TheArmyGuy »