Author Topic: Mario Land Fun Browser Port  (Read 6900 times)

Does it run better if you go into options->graphics and turn "classic colors" on?

I changed a thing, try it again.  Make sure it says r147 in the about menu (you might have to manually reload the page).  Also to clarify, we're talking about a ~1 second delay, right? 

1. no, it doesn't really seem to do much

2. yeah, that seems to have worked!

Managed to glitch out the ending:

Badspot

• Administrator
Managed to glitch out the ending:
http://i.imgur.com/Z3nwzrC.jpg

Describe what you did.  Describe what happened.

Describe what you did.  Describe what happened.
Not exactly sure how I triggered it to happen, but immediately as the end cutscene started, the screen started auto-scrolling while the dialogue came up. I was afraid of getting crushed between the screen and Daisy, so I ran and jumped into the jet. Then Daisy caught up to the jet and just stood there like she is in the image during the whole credits.

more of a remaster than the actual thing

Badspot

• Administrator
I believe I have fixed the ending cutscene issues. 

I had an instance of fullscreen being really slow in chrome, even with hardware acceleration enabled.  After restarting I can't get it to happen again.  I think this may be an issue with the browser.

i managed to crouch into a 1 height space and then have to jumpspam my way forwards
http://i.imgur.com/loaBJ2r.png

This is a "feature" of the original Super Mario Land, and so it is also present in this remaster.  There is an exclusive glitch where you can crouch slide forever, though.  I don't know if I'll bother fixing that.

I like this a lot. My only comment is that the fireball angle seems too steep to be useful. In classic Mario, the fireball bounces so this isn't a problem. But since it flies off the screen in this game, you have to jump to aim it properly.  

edit: actually I kinda like it on the second level. a little more horizontal wouldn't hurt tho
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 04:50:49 PM by SeventhSandwich »

Badspot

• Administrator
the fireball angle seems too steep to be useful.

Again, this is an often complained about "feature" of super mario land.  It's actually much worse in the original because you can only have one ball on the screen at a time and it lasts for a really long time - so if it gets stuck bouncing around in a loop it can be ~5 seconds before you can shoot again.  I bumped it up to two on screen at a time because wide-screen leads to more bouncing opportunities and I reduced the lifetime just for sanity.  I also increased the HP on most of the bosses since firing two balls at a time makes it really easy to kill them.  I don't want to stray too far from the original, though. 

Again, this is an often complained about "feature" of super mario land.  It's actually much worse in the original because you can only have one ball on the screen at a time and it lasts for a really long time - so if it gets stuck bouncing around in a loop it can be ~5 seconds before you can shoot again.  I bumped it up to two on screen at a time because wide-screen leads to more bouncing opportunities and I reduced the lifetime just for sanity.  I also increased the HP on most of the bosses since firing two balls at a time makes it really easy to kill them.  I don't want to stray too far from the original, though. 
Ah, I didn't know this was based on an existent game. My first console was a Gameboy Color, so I just barely missed the last platform it was made for.

"Broken" in what way?
it is not in fullscreen it puts it in the left corner

Here's a pic of the game window misaligned with the rest of the site. Chrome is the browser.

ill be honest i misread browser in the title as bowser and thought it was like a mega edition of super mario land

Badspot

• Administrator
http://i.imgur.com/KNmmlBN.png
Here's a pic of the game window misaligned with the rest of the site. Chrome is the browser.

The page is too big.  Either you've zoomed in via the browser or it's some gay windows gui scaling.

Badspot

• Administrator
I have addressed browser scaling in r151. 

ill be honest i misread browser in the title as bowser and thought it was like a mega edition of super mario land

same

I also keep reading this as "Mario Land Fun Bowser Port"