Author Topic: GameMode with Map Cycling  (Read 1245 times)

Someone make a gamemode that has a time limit and when the timer is 0:00 the game restarts, but in another map.

If someone makes a gamemode like that... 10+ Points to griffindor.  :cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 04:26:27 PM by Raulix »

Don't make ambiguous titles.

You can do this with the load events from Event_Server and a modified version of Event_Destroy. Just use a Slayer time limit for the timer.
You'll have to make the modification at the very bottom of the thread for Event_Destroy or it can only destroy bricks that the hammer could, which won't clear your whole map.

How to actually set up the events once you're done:
1. Name all of the baseplates the map sits on "mapbase," but not the bricks with the events or they'll remove themselves and it'll stop working.
Code: [Select]
onMinigameReset > Named Brick, mapbase > wandHit
onMinigameReset > Server > loadBricks [savename]
I might be forgetting the name of the load bricks event but I don't care, you get the point.

I actually have been working with this for the Blocklounge, that's how its maps rotate without destroying the lobby around them.
Just make a toggleEventEnabled loop to make the maps cycle.

Alternatively, you could also use Gamemode_Cycle but that would take longer in basically all respects.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:32:19 AM by Super Suit 12 »

Don't make ambiguous titles.
Well, i'm just starting.

Well, i'm just starting.
You can still edit the title. Try something more descriptive, like "GameMode with Map Cycling".

You can do this with the load events from Event_Server and a modified version of Event_Destroy. Just use a Slayer time limit for the timer.
You'll have to make the modification at the very bottom of the thread for Event_Destroy or it can only destroy bricks that the hammer could, which won't clear your whole map.

How to actually set up the events once you're done:
1. Name all of the baseplates the map sits on "mapbase," but not the bricks with the events or they'll remove themselves and it'll stop working.
Code: [Select]
onMinigameReset > Named Brick, mapbase > wandHit
onMinigameReset > Server > loadBricks [savename]
I might be forgetting the name of the load bricks event but I don't care, you get the point.

I actually have been working with this for the Blocklounge, that's how its maps rotate without destroying the lobby around them.
Just make a toggleEventEnabled loop to make the maps cycle.

Alternatively, you could also use Gamemode_Cycle but that would take longer in basically all respects.
this is actually neat

this is actually neat
thank you
I plan to actually use it someday in the Blocklounge thing, but I don't have any maps and nobody wants to build them.

or what would be cool is loading bricks using that event and put a special BL_ID to store them in, then use clearBricks event to only clear bricks of that BL_ID

or what would be cool is loading bricks using that event and put a special BL_ID to store them in, then use clearBricks event to only clear bricks of that BL_ID
this actually wouldn't be too difficult to do, just copying over the file to a temporary location and changing the IDs as it goes, then loading that file

or you can use the direct server load function, create a brickgroup and hook it, which saves a lot of effort
Both ways work tho