Author Topic: why is team deathmatch crc'd?  (Read 1993 times)

do you recall the really old team deathmatch mod by spaceguy?

it is crc banned

but why is it?

Because it's no longer compatible. I don't remember exactly what change broke it, but I'm pretty sure it stopped working correctly before v20.

It worked up until v21 iirc. I remember using it multiple times on maps but never afterwards.

wow i never even realized it was since i just used slayer when that started becoming a thing

u could say slayer slayed it in usefulness haha ha...

didnt it not use spawns unless you replaced them every time or something

didnt it not use spawns unless you replaced them every time or something
zapt

So, I booted it up quickly to try it out. The additions to the Minigames menu ('Teamkill: -1 point' in the Scoring section, etc) overlap with other controls, but the rest of the UI was fine. I can make and join teams. Team spawns, anti-friendly-fire, team chat, uniforms and equipment all worked. I have ZAPT installed, that one has never conflicted with TDM. Rotondo's zombies nearly always broke with the anti-friendly-fire.

Hole bots couldn't be damaged - I guess they're different enough from 'players joining minigames' and vehicle spawns that they don't count. That might have caused enough Help questions to get it banned.
I didn't test anything like loading team-spawns from saves, that might have also stopped working over time.

I'm pretty sure Slayer does all that while being a bit more compatible than something from 2010, though.

good to know i wont have to use wacky code to add compatibility for it anymore

Badspot

• Administrator
From my notes:

//this particular version of team deathmatch causes an infinite loop when loading a gamemode, because it uses %i in a global context
// Gamemode_TeamDeathmatch (CRC:1745991961)

Ideally it would be impossible to use local variables in a global scope, but I don't really want to dig into the script engine again.

I miss team deathmatch. at least it worked somewhat, compared to the new broken slayer

I miss team deathmatch. at least it worked somewhat, compared to the new broken slayer
instead of stuffting on slayer have you actually tried to figure out how to use it correctly cause it's inconceivable that you and only you have gamebreaking unfixable bugs with the system

its certainly an addon conflict at worst

CRC:1745991961
Have there actually been 1.7 billion CRC'd addons? Or just a number.

Have there actually been 1.7 billion CRC'd addons? Or just a number.
i very much doubt there have been 1.7 billion add-ons ever made