Author Topic: World of Blockland  (Read 2603 times)

What is this?
World of Blockland is an MMORPG (probably not going to be an mmo though :( rip) similar to World of Warcraft. If you have played WoW before, read the other sections. If you have not played the game before,
 World of Warcraft is an MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game) where you can choose from a wide variety of things to do, such as leveling your character (which you usually start off doing), engaging in PVP combat, entering dungeons where you kill bosses, or raids where you (usually) kill more bosses to gain better loot.

What is this about?
The lore has not really been planned so far (this is still work in progress), but this will primarily be Blockland-themed (so events that happened in Blockland will likely be present). We are focusing more on content than the story as of now since lore is boring to come up with.

What is there to do in this?
A lot, actually. As far as non-end game content goes, there isn't as much to do but as you get to level 60 (the max level), more content comes available so you'll have a better time.

Questing
Obviously, questing will be the biggest grind of the early levels. It's planned to take a few days to get to max level, so it won't be too bad. Questing also remains persistent at the max levels for raid attunement, but it won't be as bad. You can do quests in a group depending on the quest, or try and do instanced dungeons with a group in return for more experience and loot.

Exploring
This may sound boring, but you can choose to explore the vast world. There are seven continents/islands to explore, and all of them are populated with several structures. There are title rewards for doing a certain amount of quests, and another for exploring the world.

Player versus Player
While I'm not sure if this one will do well due to Blockland's scarce population, I do want to add PvP combat such as rated/nonrated battlegrounds and arenas. If you get a high enough battleground ranking, or have a high arena ranking, you can earn rewards such as mounts and titles. You can also win gear from these, so you don't have to do raids to get good.

Dungeons
Dungeons will be five man only instanced challenges that your group has to overcome, with a reward after each boss. Usually, there are a few bosses that aren't too difficult but can have challenging mechanics sometimes. At level 15, you unlock dungeons so you can already do them early one. However,
 higher level dungeons obviously award better loot, at a cost of a harder difficulty.

Raids
Raids aren't the primary focus of the game, but they still are very important. Raids are always a lot harder than dungeons, and award far better loot.
 These can one boss, or a dozen. Raids consist of 10 to 25 man groups with either a Normal difficulty, which isn't that hard if you know the mechanics,
 and Heroic difficulty, which is a lot harder but gives the best gear in the game (with the exception of PvP which varies).

Alright, that sounds cool. How finished is this?
Right now, not very finished. Our team is talented, but very small. If we can fill in needed positions with good workers, then this can be finished quickly. We primarily need 3D modelers and builders. If you have at least one of those skills, then PM me saying what you can do and show your work,
 or your application will be ignored.

Credits (in no particular order)
Profitman (41072) - Project Leader, stuffty Backup Coder, *le ideas guy*
Metario (5167) - Coder
Visolator (20490) - Coder
Tronx (19691) - General help

Sorry about there being minimum progress posted, this is mainly a thread about me wanting help.

bump lol this is already irrelevent

bump lol this is already irrelevent
nooooo this sounds cool

does anyone want to model for this cause thats all i want

I hope this is for real and not another unfinished project/mod