Author Topic: Yep, Can't Authenticate, What The  (Read 2380 times)

I PARTIALLY fixed the problem. For some strange reason, when my friend is playing a blockland server,  I can use Steam to join my friend in the server he is playing in, and when I disconnect it I have full authentication. Although this is true, I tried playing blockland without steam

disregard the without steam part, what I meant to say was when I didn't start up blockland by joining the server my friend was on via steam, I could not get authentication.

that is a really curious insight into how the steam version works

so it sounds like using join game will open BL and authenticate, but if you have BL open already it won't do either?
it'd be kind of strange for it to have a different method of authentication/launching the game, but it sounds a lot like it does

Hmm, yeah, what should I do about it if it continues for months or even a year, who should I contact, and what do you recommend I do?

I would recommend testing from other locations/computers and resetting your router at some point
as for contacting, seeing if badspot knows why that could happen, since he may be the only one who knows the BL/steam protocols

ok nvm forget it doesn't always work with steam, and joining my friend, dang, well im locking the topic, Thanks so so much guys for helping :D