Poll

in the context of the phrase "Care package values have been doubled!" define "value"

the regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something.
8 (25.8%)
the numerical amount denoted by an algebraic term; a magnitude, quantity, or number.
23 (74.2%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Author Topic: THE WORD IS VALUE -- ANSWER THE POLL  (Read 787 times)

the answer must be found.

providing the additional context that the care packages in question contain a specific amount of money which is doubled at the time of phrase display
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 12:20:30 PM by CharlesSpeaking »

this is in the context of the phrase "Care package values have been doubled!" so keep that in mind cunts don't let him manipulate you
he changed the poll to reflect this that's good
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:29:01 AM by Gytyyhgfffff »

how intense! i wonder what will happen next.

I'm voting numerical because of the word doubled. Doubled has a very specific numerical meaning, but you really can't objective double something's semantic value - there's just no scale. If the word doubled were replaced with increased, I think I would have voted the other way.

the thread OP has been adjusted to provide more context

you can't reliably double figurative value so numerical

both, it depends on the context.

for the actual context of the sentence in the poll, I would go with the second one since its an actual amount of things which are increasing. if it was about the value of a person or something similar I would go with the first one.

wouldn't this be the first one since the content in the care packages are doubled rather than the packages themselves doubling
although i guess it would also be the second one too since the amount of money's doubled but the value is as well right??
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 01:34:58 PM by gr8dayseth »