Author Topic: Can you have two different kinds of wheels on a vehicle?  (Read 964 times)

Pretty self explanatory. I want to use wheels instead of animated propellors on a plane to make the rotation speed match whether the player is pressing w.

Yes, you can. Here's a code snippet:

Code: [Select]
function ZILVehicle::onAdd(%this,%obj)
{
parent::onadd(%this,%obj);

%obj.mountable = true;

%obj.setWheelTire(0, Tire1);
%obj.setWheelTire(1, Tire1);
%obj.setWheelTire(2, Tire2);
%obj.setWheelTire(3, Tire2);

}

Add this after the part where you defined the datablock of your plane

Unlocked for a followup question: Is it possible to have wheels face perpendicular to the normal movement direction of a vehicle? Seems like the orientation of the hub empty doesn't affect it.

Unlocked for a followup question: Is it possible to have wheels face perpendicular to the normal movement direction of a vehicle? Seems like the orientation of the hub empty doesn't affect it.
what the forget are you trying to construct

Sadly I don't think what you want to do is possible. There's no way that I know of to make a wheel face sideways.

what the forget are you trying to construct
what kind of person goes to a modification help thread and reads only the most recent post before being loudly confused

what kind of person goes to a modification help thread and reads only the most recent post before being loudly confused
He does this all the time and never knows when to stop, he does the same in S&G, pretty annoying

Yea I'm not sure what exactly what you are trying to do even though the information is right there, might not be possible due to engine limitation