Author Topic: [NEWS] CNN extorts private citizen after Annoying Orange meme.  (Read 6535 times)

instead of "CNN is a buzzkiller" CNN is a buzzfeeder

huh? huh guys? that took me like 5 seconds to make that one please laugh..

The lengths that for-profit media giants will go to in order to make money are very interesting. Surely the free market will fix this problem, right?

The lengths that for-profit media giants will go to in order to make money are very interesting. Surely the free market will fix this problem, right?

private investigating is sorta kinda illegal so yea

Well, between the reality that nobody gets arrested for private investigating, especially not media giants with a whole lot of money, and the fact that releasing somebody's name is a pretty weak form of "private investigating," I'd say nothing is going to come of this.

I'll humor it, though. Let's say through some ungodly means, liberals stop watching CNN and the station bankrupts. What then? There are still no major news stations that are unbiased, or for that matter willing to provide fair or honest reporting.

Why not? Because there's no profit in unbiased reporting. Sensationalist, worldview-pandering garbage like Fox News or CNN is the only business plan proven to attract Americans to your channel. Have fun extracting consistent world news from under-funded local news channels, if you're into that.

a public citizen is someone in the government iirc
One would presume, however, is a police officer's address, personal phone number, Etc public? Is a congressman's personal phone number public?  The redundancy should have nothing to do with the sector in which you work.

hate to break it to you, but if CNN publishes the kid's name, they'll get little to no legal repercussions

i love how cnn is trying to tell everyone that they misinterpreted the whole "we reserve the right to reveal his identity!!!" thing when its so clear what they're actually saying

private investigating is legal in most circumstances and CNN doesn't have any binding non-disclosure law from stopping them

regardless this is forgeted

I don't think it's about making money as much as trying to keep their reputations

CNN forgeted up tho. They probably had a lotta people on their side after Annoying Orange's tweet and now they just ruined it by unintentionally making a MAGA child look like a martyr after private investigating him.

i also dont see how this kid should be forced to apologize just for having a different opinion

Even leftie twitter is going after CNN

DAAAMN DANIEL bacvk at it again with the verified twitter accounts

hate to break it to you, but if CNN publishes the kid's name, they'll get little to no legal repercussions
I'm sure he could sue at bare minimum but there would be no legal repercussions unless some sort of actual harm came to said person(I think)

everyone is hating cnn now lol