Author Topic: Server crashing on start-up  (Read 895 times)

My Blockland client keeps crashing whenever I try to start a server via the start a game menu. I'm fairly sure it has something to do with several addons conflicting. Thinking this, I looked at the console log after some of the crashes but I couldn't pinpoint anything (disclaimer: i don't really have any solid coding experience, especially with torque and blockland itself, so there's a good chance i just overlooked something important). I even tried disabling/reenabling certain addons I was suspicious of to try and fix the problem. Occasionally this does work, but only for a bit. Then the problem shows back up again. But that's just it, the most confusing part is that it seems to work some of the time, and not others. It crashes at very arbitrary points in the loading process, usually during the "loading addons/music" sections, but I did just see it happen as soon as loading objects finished.

I've been trying to start it up with all my addons so i can start working on a new server so if anyone can help me out that would be great. I only saved one console log file since I couldn't find anything important myself, but if someone wants to see a couple different trials I'll provide them as needed. Thanks!

Start a game after typing trace(1); in the console and post the log again please.

also have you tried starting up with default only?

I've been trying to start it up with all my addons so i can start working on a new server
you should probably figure out which addons you want for the new server, and test with only those
there's a good chance you don't need all of the addons you have, and that one of them is crashing you

if that still crashes you, try with only defaults enabled
if that crashes, try a clean install (rename your BL folder and reinstall)

Yeah, I've tried with only default and it works just fine, so it must be either a bad addon or 2 or more conflicting. I've also tried starting it up with only the addons I need and it still has issues.

Here's another log with trace enabled (file was too big too attach)

try removing System_ServerLoad, and also post it here. If that doesnt work remove adminshields.

just tried with with both of those disabled, still nothing