Poll

link's feminine penis

good
8 (36.4%)
I'm not gay, but............. good
14 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [🦆: wuts poppin 🅱️?]  (Read 42626 times)

oh yea and if anyone wants a game that is both good and slow paced and 100% exploration focus try out Sunlesss Sea. super-slow-paced naval exploration game where you uncover creepy and unique islands around the ocean and can even explore under the water. you can go ashore and do stuff and trading is very important

[whoops, double posted]
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 05:08:23 PM by McZealot »

To be fair, "Go find X" or "Go kill X" is a fairly old story structure. Beowulf is essentially a series of "Go kill X" quests. Much of Arthurian legend is made up of some combination of the two. The Lord of the Rings plays with it, being "Go get rid of X" instead. The point isn't killing X or finding X, but the trials the hero faces in doing so, and how he changes in overcoming them (or not- "The ring is mine!").

It got a little dull after like 30 hours when I had discovered all the regions (I was taking it slow).'
Damn if you consider that slow then I must be going at an abysmally slow snail's pace in comparison.

In other words me covering roughly a quarter of the map took about over 100 hours because I end up checking every square inch of the area I'm in.

Damn if you consider that slow then I must be going at an abysmally slow snail's pace in comparison.

In other words me covering roughly a quarter of the map took about over 100 hours because I end up checking every square inch of the area I'm in.
I have about like 30 random players that ive added on my switch and literally almost all of them have put 80+ hours in. Some guy has 255 hours

what bugs me the most is that fighting ganon without doing the main quests stuff is WAYY more fun than fighting him after it.

holy stuff, I just did the Korok trials and following Oaki for 45 minutes actually make me want to kill myself. the most pissed I might have ever been was when he was like 'HERO, HERO, HELP! THIS WOLF WILL EAT ME!" so I jump out to help him (I thought that was WHY I WAS THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?) and he is like 'AAAH! You followed me! Now I have to start over!'

also it did LITERALLY NOTHING TO HELP ME PULL OUT THE MASTER SWORD

haven't fought gannon yet because I'm still running around doing quests but tbh I would've liked it a lot more if there was some markers like 'high level area' 'low level area' because my first instinct was to climb up that mountain and run to Gerudo until the endless drop forced me to do the main plot. I did it and finally flew to Gerudo only to get 1-hit killed by all the Lizalfoes. Seemed like the water-beast was the easiest for low level characters and Thunder/Lava the hardest (by far). I just wish they had some level indicators. This would also be nice because it would feel like 'ooh this is a dangerous area I gotta be careful'. also I really wish extreme envirornments like lava and desert and snow required more than just clothing to traverse. like if it starts blizzarding you might have to go get shelter or if the desert has a sandstorm you'd have to find your way blinded for a while. going through snow envirornments with a torch to keep warm at the start was epic and fun. it made me feel like I was actually struggling to stay warm. but literally no envs can hurt me anymore bc I have all the gear

am I crazy, or is the main plot ridiculously short? isn't it just 10 quests? paraglider then boarding quest + beast for all 4 monsters and then gannon. for someone less exploration focused that might have put them at a loss.

this wouldn't have been as big of a problem if you couldn't just teleport between shrines. I really wish more games would drop fast-travel. I think Skyrim is most fun with Frostfall (so you have to camp to survive) and Scenic Carriages (a nice compromise between fast-travel). Scenic carriages was epic bc you could go pretty fast between towns and get off at any point you want. it was immersive and useful.

fast travel is a terrible game feature if you want people to explore your world. some compromises are okay (like having to find a signpost in Witcher 3) or riding the Neth in Morrowind. in Runescape (with the exception of the Lumbridge spell you get at lv1) you could teleport but only via high level magic (edgeville teleport ftw) or breaking teleportation runes (which could be pretty expensive). so you were encouraged to walk.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:30:14 PM by McZealot »