Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 237747 times)

Could everyone with a model concept release it? Just for ease of comparison

Personally, I don't see it as a huge departure, but maybe that's just me.

It is a bit different but that's okay.  I like both models but I'm leaning more towards Squideey's now.

I'm talking about the models, not the scripts. Cut us 3d artists some slack.

Why limit the style like that though?  Just in case we wanted to port some add-ons?

I feel like Pompmaker's could be a real winner with some edits to reduce the mechanical feeling of it, particularly the torso. Just blend the waist in rather than having it look like a really tight corset.

Although, you might keep them as options, in case you do want your avatar to look robotic or toylike.

modelling some brown townogues to the traditional blockhead avatar options

does it look alright, and if it doesn't, suggestions?
officially my fav

-arm snip-
does it look alright, and if it doesn't, suggestions?
all i can think of is simply switching the places of the thinner and fatter pieces on the arm :P
it doesnt rly bother me how it is rn tho

You know what? Why not include multiple avatar options? At least until the final version of the game?

I honestly don't see the downside.

Huh, that's a fresh thought, having everyone play as the same action figure might get old. Mod community is one of the biggest answers to that though.

You know what? Why not include multiple avatar options? At least until the final version of the game?

I honestly don't see the downside.
Huh, that's a fresh thought, having everyone play as the same action figure might get old. Mod community is one of the biggest answers to that though.

let's not
it leads to games like:

you don't want those. leave the modders to it, and they'll come up with something. i'd rather have one customizable avatars than 300 different blockhead clones with slightly different variations in height and effort put into them.

my heart is telling me not to engage you on this, but what are the similarities of the games you listed in regards to character customization and how did they make each game worse?

if it's done right, having different player models could be pretty cool. as long as the sizes and hitboxes remained uniform, there's no issue.

if it's done right, having different player models could be pretty cool. as long as the sizes and hitboxes remained uniform, there's no issue.
Style is an issue. Having multiple different players means there's no uniform style for the game. Bricks, vehicles, weapons etc might not fit in well or even work with the various players.

Another thing is function. Some of these concepts are more complex than others, have more joints and freedom of motion and details.

Would rather have a really fleshed out player that has a uniform design and fits with everything else than a bunch of mediocre ones just for the sake of diversity and saying "look at all the things you can be."

If players want more models to choose from people will make them as they're needed.

my heart is telling me not to engage you on this, but what are the similarities of the games you listed in regards to character customization and how did they make each game worse?
Little big planet 3 was a gimmick-show. You use the different characters, then pop right back to the old one, sackboy. Gimmicks, and that was the whole campaign. Take a look at the last 2 games, and the player created levels for forgets sake! You don't need gimmicks.

Dead Island riptide was a loving failiure on all plains. You need to play it through to truly expierience it. Watch a playthrough or something.

multiple avatars would be a good idea if they all shared the same style and proportions, if we, for instance, did trog's avatar and ozmar's avatar together, it'd look weird and it be weird for balancing since different avatars would have different hitboxes

Little big planet 3 was a gimmick-show. You use the different characters, then pop right back to the old one, sackboy. Gimmicks, and that was the whole campaign. Take a look at the last 2 games, and the player created levels for forgets sake! You don't need gimmicks.

Dead Island riptide was a loving failiure on all plains. You need to play it through to truly expierience it. Watch a playthrough or something.
That doesn't explain anything. I still have no idea how either of these games relate to this one besides that apparently you don't like them. Like, I've even played Dead Island Riptide for a few hours and I agree with you that it's garbage. But my problems with it are that it plays like stuff, the story makes no sense, and that the setting doesn't fit the gameplay. Weird character design isn't why that game is bad, unless you're trying to make a different point.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:09:51 PM by Dreams_Of_Cheese »

multiple avatars would be a good idea if they all shared the same style and proportions, if we, for instance, did trog's avatar and ozmar's avatar together, it'd look weird and it be weird for balancing since different avatars would have different hitboxes
Or different parts for the same avatar in very slightly different styles. For example, keep that action figure type as an option, in case you want your character to look like a toy.

That doesn't explain anything. I still have no idea how either of these games relate to this one besides that apparently you don't like them. Like, I've even played Dead Island Riptide for a few hours and I agree with you that it's garbage. But my problems with it are that it plays like stuff, the story makes no sense, and that the setting doesn't fit the gameplay. Weird character design isn't why that game is bad, unless you're trying to make a different point.
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=302453.0
verification is a troll and an asshat, ignore him

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=302453.0
verification is a troll and an asshat, ignore him
this was completely unexpected dude

anyways, it might bother me but it might not bother you

this is logan. He's a dude with a ponytail, some visible tats and he's good at throwing stuff.

This is Purna.
She looks so out of place, and with NO MUSCLE, she's a firearms expert. Compared to Logan, she's just a black girl. She has no muscle, she doesnt have a scratch, a tattoo, she's just an african girl. What the hell, right?

This is Sam B. An angry black dude with burly arms that are bigger than Logan's. He looks like he has seen some stuff, and is holding a bat like he's loving ready. His head is shaved like he's a war veteran and he definitely looks out of place here.

Looking closer,

He's a rap star. Tell me, how many rap stars have you seen who are burly, shaved, military looking men? This dude looks like a loving bouncer and he's a rap star?? Now, compared to Ms. Purna, a skinny girl who's bio literally said she's triumphant and special because she's a girl was a "Firearms Expert".

Guess who you think the leader is?

I don't know why it's her. Compared to the two burly men you've seen already, it should be obvious she's out of place.

Finally, lets look at Xian Mei.

"Spy on the wealthy westerners"? Employee at a resort? What the hell? Why is this skinny ass woman gonna be involved in a zombie outbreak of all people?

She specializes in bladed weapons. It doesn't make sense. Is it because she's chinese?
Now, a real zombie, if the outbreak only had spread recently, would not have bones brittle enough to die from a few katana hits. I'm assuming they can't feel pain. You don't stab someone with a katana, you cut them. This is terribly, terribly, inefficient.

"It is highly recommended to upgrade the Flying Strikes, Backstab, and Deeper Pockets skills to rank 3."

This is a skinny woman who uses a loving sword. You don't backstab people with a sword, and most real people who use or have used swords dont do "Flying strikes". She's too skinny to do that. It's really, really, out of place.

I'm gonna finish the John part with a few things.

He's a hand to hand combat expert. He uses brass knuckles and bear claws and stuff. Now, who should be the tank here?

« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:32:43 PM by Verification »