Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 237066 times)

i really loving like this design
but i think it needs to be more minimalistic/low poly
the player (and everything else) doesn't technically have to be low-poly. We'll still experiment with the game's style as development progresses though

doesn't have to be low poly, no, but if squideey's design can be made to mesh well with low-poly assets like in squideey's own 3d model, it'd be a nice compromise for those that really want to keep that unique blockland low poly aesthetic

it doesnt have to be low poly but it can be

the game doesnt have to exist yet it does, whats ur point

remember Squideey's original 3D model
that's the best
the icons are really good too

this is 2018
this is going to be a lego building blocks game, not a tripe-a title that absolutely needs breathtaking graphical fidelity

that absolutely needs breathtaking graphical fidelity
Lol no one said that it needed to.

pls add Trogdor's squishy new model to the OP lol

pls add Trogdor's squishy new model to the OP lol
The model reminds me of a lemon for some reason lol, but it is interesting. Added to the OP.

Update: Made more progress with the brid grid and octree system! When a brick is planted, the placement grid for it is stored, so it can be referenced later - i.e. for making sure two bricks don't conflict with each other. Similar, adjacent placement conditions are automatically grouped together to speed up the acquisition process of looking up placement conditions. Next, I'll be working on automatic octree creation, and the script that actually checks the conditions before being planted.

The placement grid conditions for bricks can also easily be set up when modeling the bricks themselves.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 11:20:58 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Does the octree system meld bricks together to save space?

Does the octree system meld bricks together to save space?
That is something I want to incorporate in the near future. However, there are a couple challenges involved in getting it to work properly. The bricks would have to either perfectly align with the octree cells, or enough bricks would have to be planted to completely fill in a cell(s). The bricks would also all have to be the exact same size, color, etc. It is certainly possible though.

The model reminds me of a lemon for some reason lol, but it is interesting. Added to the OP.
I don't mean to speak for anyone but I get the impression that it is quite popular

also a. lemon?
what