Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 237783 times)

Why not a full house? With a living room, kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, garage, basement, pool, garden, and sweet secrets.
gotta remember that the bigger/more complicated a map is, the more.. empty it feels as players aren't in a single spot, they're spread all over, in various rooms
just somethin to consider when making a big map like this

gotta remember that the bigger/more complicated a map is, the more.. empty it feels as players aren't in a single spot, they're spread all over, in various rooms
This can be fun if we gather enough players on the map to populate each room.

I was working on a Blockland-esque project too and was wondering if anyone had a source for this?
I'll try to find the source. It may be a good idea to contact Badspot anyway about the various projects being planned / worked on by the community, just to see what he says.

I don't think that would be possible lol.

papa gsf, 🅱️lease

we need it
lol, how in the world could someone even script that; you would have to purposely break your own physics system haha. I could probably do sometime like onCollision -> SpawnExplosion

That's actually a great point that I'll take into account when designing new maps. Maps should be designed for a certain amount of players, like larger maps should be designed for handling more players and gamemodes.

Btw, we're working on an early avatar prototype, so we'll at least have some kind of playable character for the mean time. The other person helping me was inspired by this concept that was posted:

could we have something that resembles a blockhead in some way or form

the one that's in the center aka an ozmarblock lookin one

the other two would look fugly as stuff

i hope you dont use the one on the far right

The one on the right looks like it would haunt me on my dreams.

make it as close to a blockhead as humanly possible without getting sued and youve got me sold

I still like trogdog's the best

yes but will there be a body slider where i can blast the muscle slider to 1000%

make it as close to a blockhead as humanly possible without getting sued and youve got me sold
There's already a game out there like that though.

This is what he has so far (it's a fusion of the concepts):

He wants to know what y'all think.

yes but will there be a body slider where i can blast the muscle slider to 1000%
lol, there should be.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 04:48:11 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

Feet could use some rounding, head's pretty big but that could just be the angle. Limbs should be a bit thicker, too. Good start though