Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 237806 times)

make faces and decals serversided for obvious reasons
and now you've run into the issue where you have to redo your avatar for every server you join

Know it's very early but speaking of faces, what are plans for viewing decals of others? Really don't like Blockland's system of needing to download a face pack to see if someone has a special decal.
I like how RTB handled add-ons, and I'm thinking of doing the same thing for decals. You'll be able to upload your decals, and when you join someone's server, you'll download all third party add-ons / decals beforehand.

Also, RallyBlock came up with this concept for the avatar. Hopefully this can become the model for now, I really like it.

Btw, celebrating the day of my birth this weekend, so progress halted 'till Monday!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 10:12:18 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

hope you have a nice bday dude

stealing from both blockland and lego at the same time, perfect

I like how RTB handled add-ons, and I'm thinking of doing the same thing for decals. You'll be able to upload your decals, and when you join someone's server, you'll download all third party add-ons / decals beforehand.
Also, RallyBlock came up with this concept for the avatar. Hopefully this can become the model for now, I really like it.

Btw, celebrating the day of my birth this weekend, so progress halted 'till Monday!

I like the Blockland-esque model as well, but I'm hoping for the game to have its own identity, especially with the avatars.

I don't like the hands on either of those

I've grown to like it otherwise

looks great

the bevels are a bit too big but otherwise me like

Oh yeah lol, this is for a temporary avatar though; it'll be a reference for adding like tools and stuff in the near future. Would you be open to sending me the model?

Sorry lol, Ghost didn't quote the other part of the message I sent him. I didn't just totally copy your model side by side, I just went off of the idea. But I didn't think Ghost would've wanted to use it, I simply just wanted to throw out another idea.

i'm quite fond of both of those
might like rallyblock's slightly better actually, i personally like how he did the hands shoulders and pants
altho i'm not as fond of the robloxy head, maybe having a neck would be a bit better? or having less sides but still in a cylindrical shape? idk rly just throwing out possible ideas but it's not too bad anywho
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 12:22:51 AM by gr8dayseth »

badspot changed to the blockhead for a reason the danes will slap the stuff out of you if its too similar to a minifigure

badspot changed to the blockhead for a reason the danes will slap the stuff out of you if its too similar to a minifigure

this, it's why I prefer ozmar's design

Why not use the old BL beta players?