Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 237627 times)

hello sir how can i help u
why yes my computer is not working properly on the internet i need help pls

why yes my computer is not working properly on the internet i need help pls

have you tried turning the internet off then back on again

I'll be doing research on how to break an animation rig in-game (to allow player limbs to move or animate independently, similar to the blockhead minifig), so no new updates for a little while.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:18:13 PM by [GSF]Ghost »

I'll be doing research on how to break an animation rig in-game (to allow player limbs to move or animate independently, similar to the blockhead minigif), so no new updates for a little while.
You should divide the arms first and add forearms bones for animation.

actually Tony's idea isn't bad. like besides just paints, maybe have "material" types for players and bricks too? the only way to get this kind of use on blockland is to use print bricks, but there's not a print brick for everything

The more realistic the better.

Realistic looking minifigs fit better with realistic house or terrain maps.

i don't know why but the fact that the hat is visible in the player camera screen looks really good

I'll be doing research on how to break an animation rig in-game (to allow player limbs to move or animate independently, similar to the blockhead minigif), so no new updates for a little while.
That's fine, I was more worried about the fact that everyone just stopped talking altogether. I need my social fix, man!

You should divide the arms first and add forearms bones for animation.
The problem however is that once an animation is playing, all bones (even separate ones) are locked, so I can't modify the model whatsoever while it's playing. One option is to manipulate the rig in-game, and call animations manually via script, but this complicates the animation system. Unity has a built-in editor for easily allowing animations to be called and transition dynamically, but I don't think I can use that system when calling animations manually.

I could also just create separate models for each limb and piece the minifig together in-game, but I'm not sure if that's the best solution. =/ I wonder how Badspot did it?

That's fine, I was more worried about the fact that everyone just stopped talking altogether. I need my social fix, man!
Oh lol

i don't know why but the fact that the hat is visible in the player camera screen looks really good
Yeah, that's how it was in the beta, and I thought it was a lot more immersive. =) Anything your player was wearing was visible in first person.

call it Sand Under
Block down under?

The problem however is that once an animation is playing, all bones (even separate ones) are locked, so I can't modify the model whatsoever while it's playing. One option is to manipulate the rig in-game, and call animations manually via script, but this complicates the animation system. Unity has a built-in editor for easily allowing animations to be called and transition dynamically, but I don't think I can use that system when calling animations manually.

I could also just create separate models for each limb and piece the minifig together in-game, but I'm not sure if that's the best solution. =/ I wonder how Badspot did it?
I believe he just means do everything the way you're doing it now but make the arms able to bend.

Sand Box --> Sand Blocks or Block Party. Both are cool.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 04:17:01 PM by IdeTheBird »

Sand Box --> Sand Blocks or Block Party. Both are cool.
why call it block party if there is no cake