Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 237654 times)

The problem however is that once an animation is playing, all bones (even separate ones) are locked, so I can't modify the model whatsoever while it's playing. One option is to manipulate the rig in-game, and call animations manually via script, but this complicates the animation system. Unity has a built-in editor for easily allowing animations to be called and transition dynamically, but I don't think I can use that system when calling animations manually.

I could also just create separate models for each limb and piece the minifig together in-game, but I'm not sure if that's the best solution. =/ I wonder how Badspot did it?
Oh lol
Yeah, that's how it was in the beta, and I thought it was a lot more immersive. =) Anything your player was wearing was visible in first person.
Block down under?

Tales of Block Down Under

why call it block party if there is no cake
Maybe feature a blocky cake in the logo? You know, that design people tend to build in freebuilds.

if you make the name anything other than blockparty you will die of death

conan shall be immortalized in the game

Maybe feature a blocky cake in the logo? You know, that design people tend to build in freebuilds.
i approve of this idea as our resident cake user

I vote Block Party. It's a simple title that incorporates the blocky brick aspect of the game, and pays homage to it's precursor without being too obvious, like for example, "Brick Land" or something like that.

block party is already a game for nickelodeon

http://www.nickelodeonafrica.com/games/nickelodeon-block-party/ala4bp

it's also a widely-used term so I doubt there aren't other games/media out there named block party

i approve of this idea as our resident cake user
I always see you with the cake, but never really see it as a cake somehow

i'm so glad that ghost finished block party already
already sold out to a larger company though
it didn't take him long to be bought out by corporate

If everyone is stressing about how the blocky connected arms are going to handle complex animations, why not make the model taller with more human proportions? If you still want to keep the toy aesthetic, you can have it be something like an action figure, or an artist's model.

brb, modelling up an example

block party is already a game for nickelodeon

http://www.nickelodeonafrica.com/games/nickelodeon-block-party/ala4bp

it's also a widely-used term so I doubt there aren't other games/media out there named block party
did they bother copyrighting the name though?

My ideas for the design of the character.