Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 237732 times)

I personally really like Filipe's model as a reference for the final avatar design.
I really like how it's basically "a person", just in that flat-shaded, low-poly design philosophy of, say, the Jeep.

As opposed to something trying to be a minifigure.

the thing is, the default blockhead model is perfect because its super low poly and still looks good, its reminiscent of lego minifigures and fits the aesthetic of lego bricks perfectly

i feel getting as close to either a real lego figure, or a blockhead as you possibly can is the best option
the majority of the models i'm seeing are going to make the game feel like
THIS

ya know?

aka why we should use ozmar's model

90% of them including his look bad tho
the key is
looks good

just keep in mind the moment this comes out i'm releasing the first weapon pack for it

mark my motherforgetin words

I'm gonna talk to bushido about that, he might have other ideas...

the thing is, the default blockhead model is perfect because its super low poly and still looks good, its reminiscent of lego minifigures and fits the aesthetic of lego bricks perfectly

i feel getting as close to either a real lego figure, or a blockhead as you possibly can is the best option
THIS

ya know?
I'm beat. i don't know how it could get better than this

this game was worth the 800 microsoft points
dragon is loving bullstuff and i hate castleminer z

any model that you can't put yaranaika on should be immediately disqualified

just keep in mind the moment this comes out i'm releasing the first weapon pack for it

mark my motherforgetin words
I'm gonna make the first never-finished add-on project

THIS

ya know?
I was explicitly talking about the Filipe model. Shouldn't that give a good idea as to what I meant?

The animation rig for the model is basically done! I currently have a walk and idle animation set up, and will add a jumping clip later.

I really like how it's basically "a person", just in that flat-shaded, low-poly design philosophy of, say, the Jeep.

As opposed to something trying to be a minifigure.
It's also very unique and has it's own style; it looks like a toy, which is what I'm going for. =) The other designs are still really nice though.