Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 237657 times)

i like the one without the mouth. it's different, but not an insane change

The problem about Squideey's design is that it's close enough for LEGO to sue, well Badspot had to change the Blockhead on the Beta days because of that.
the drawn one doesn't look like a lego at all

i honestly hate how it just looks like a freaking robot but that might just be me
not just you

Oh man, that's some good looking stuff right there.

the problem with this is it's trying too hard to be too toylike while also being derivitive of the blockland model so it just ends up looking like a robot and in the first images it looked wierd because of the detatched legs, now it looks wierd because of the oversized lower legs and popeye arms combined with the chest seperater (do it like lego does it to get it right) and it looks like it would fall apart in real life and the neck is also giving me this wierd feeling of being attached to the back of the head/furthermost side of the head from where i am viewing it
trogtors, now with some better improvements jumping off from that model, would still be the best in my opinion.

I agree, make the upper legs and arms, and lower legs and arms the same thickness (and thinner than the feet/hands)

@pomp can we lose the divet in his stomach and see what it looks like then?

Idk.... I think if you remove the varied weights it will just feel really stiff, much like the minecraft model.

the neck is also giving me this weird feeling of being attached to the back of the head/furthermost side of the head

I do agree, neck is still wonky.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 09:58:53 PM by Doogy »

Idk.... I think if you remove the varied weights it will just feel really stiff, much like the minecraft model.

no

I won't have much access to my computer for a while, but I gave you guys the blend files so you can make your own modifications. C'mon don't make me do everything.

toy model reminds me of Mega Blocks

the model looks cool but wouldn't tons of sides make it difficult to make textures and stuff for

that's assuming you're going for the "make your own face / clothes" thing that blockland does

looks like you got a rival ;)
;)

I think that GSF has the advantage over me in terms of graphics and stability because he's using a nice engine.
That said, I'm pretty dam close to sharing demos of both the client and server.
If any of you want to bicker about player models for 50 pages on my topic, that'd be fine.

the game should be called brick barbarians