Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)

Author Topic: Block Party (Terrain Ex. Pg.124 - 2Million Blocks)  (Read 237151 times)

Looks worse compared to this version pomp made imo

His looks like it would fit better with bricks

ya I think pomp beat you to the touch improving his avatar

well i mean its his avatar, im just doing what i think is right
also page 69

Something about just the lankiness just... makes me so uncomfortable. No offense to the creators, you clearly put a lot of work and thought into it

I don't even know how to fix it or what's truly wrong with it that bothers me so much

I disagree. If that were the case, companies like Kre-o or K'nex would have been sued a long time ago.

This is a good point

This is a good point
Good reason for a good model. Its far superior in comparison to tall lanky long armed looking blockhead droids. Squideey's can be tweaked to look even less Lego potentially. It just looks so amazing, looking at the first drawing with the rocket on the shoulder, it looks fantastic. In comparison to the others it also feels the most natural.

it also feels super toylike and cute rather than clunky. i'd be okay with that too, but i feel pomps would be slightly easier to work with due to more clear articulation points.

definitely diff vibes tho. squideey's give me a vibe between chibi and armymen, while pomps gives me a vibe between MC and BL.

guys trogs model is already in the game and we've discussed this for like, 40 pages i think we can put it on the back burner for a few

how about we discuss events or some similar feature? do you have anything planned?

it also feels super toylike and cute rather than clunky. i'd be okay with that too, but i feel pomps would be slightly easier to work with due to more clear articulation points.

definitely diff vibes tho. squideey's give me a vibe between chibi and armymen, while pomps gives me a vibe between MC and BL.
army man? chibi?!??!

guys trogs model is already in the game and we've discussed this for like, 40 pages i think we can put it on the back burner for a few

how about we discuss events or some similar feature? do you have anything planned?
i would give up my model for squideeys design in a heartbeat

on the other hand the robot model looks cool but... yeah.. it looks like a robot.

The main consideration behind my model is for the sake of add-on makers who have poured so many hours into Blockland. I do not want to have to redo all my models to fit a new aesthetic, and I'm fairly certain none of us do. Squideeys model is much better than mine, but the look is entirely different requiring smooth rounded surfaces and a much cuter style, while even trogtors model has bevelled edges which clash with the sharp edges of all BL models. mine is specifically designed to preserve the hard edge aesthetic that BL has cultivated. Addons were the best part of BL, and if you change the style you abandon everything we've built up to this point.

Tldr don't make add-ons obsolete by changing the art style.

let's discuss the appearance of the character customization screen :-)

The main consideration behind my model is for the sake of add-on makers who have poured so many hours into Blockland. I do not want to have to redo all my models to fit a new aesthetic, and I'm fairly certain none of us do. Squideeys model is much better than mine, but the look is entirely different requiring smooth rounded surfaces and a much cuter style, while even trogtors model has bevelled edges which clash with the sharp edges of all BL models. mine is specifically designed to preserve the hard edge aesthetic that BL has cultivated. Addons were the best part of BL, and if you change the style you abandon everything we've built up to this point.

Tldr don't make add-ons obsolete by changing the art style.

what?

it's an entirely different engine, made with an entirely different language, and presumably will have an entirely different scripting language for add-ons.  You're not even making any sense:  "don't make add-ons obsolete"  they're already obsolete because this is a new engine lol what are you even talking about

forget the old aesthetic; this is a different game
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 01:08:27 AM by Electrk² »

Personally, I don't see it as a huge departure, but maybe that's just me.

what?

it's an entirely different engine, made with an entirely different language, and presumably will have an entirely different scripting language for add-ons.  You're not even making any sense:  "don't make add-ons obsolete"  they're already obsolete because this is a new engine lol what are you even talking about

forget the old aesthetic; this is a different game
I'm talking about the models, not the scripts. Cut us 3d artists some slack.