Bot Dynamics [v0.8]

Author Topic: Bot Dynamics [v0.8]  (Read 6607 times)

I decided to make a bot dynamic add-on. This add-on utilizes Kyuande's New Health System and events that let you set a bot's base level and/or base random levels. Bots can further level up from damaging players over a period of time, once they are killed and they respawn their levels will revert back to its original base level you set it as. When they level up they gain; +20 Max HP, +2 Attack Damage (+Base Weapon Damage) and they get fully healed. The level is displayed above their head, and updates once they level up.

I had to re-post because the last topic was too old. I also changed the link to Kyuande's system, I figured his is better for some reason.

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=310792.0 <--- Here is the link to Kyuande's New Health System! (Required)

[Download]: Bot Dynamics

Version 0.2 - Added preferences

$Pref::Server::BotStartMaxHP          (Default; 100)
$Pref::Server::BotMaxHPInc             (Default; 20)
$Pref::Server::BotAttackDamageInc  (Default; 2)

Version 0.3 - Added even more preferences and fixed a little bit of code

$Pref::Server::BotCanLevel               (Default; 1)
$Pref::Server::BotMaxEXPInc            (Default; 5)

Version 0.4 - Fixed some code

Version 0.5 - Fixed preferences (Sorry)

Version 0.6 - Fixed bot damage code

Version 0.7 - Added one more preference and fixed spawn damage

$Pref::Server::BotHPDmgRandomDiff       (Default; 1.2)

Version 0.8 - Fixed up the code

« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 08:45:25 PM by Soretooth »

I was hoping this was like, dynamic pathing or something
I don't quite get how this is dynamic

I was hoping this was like, dynamic pathing or something
I don't quite get how this is dynamic
the level of the bots which add health and damage are dynamic

this would probably be better named "dynamic bot levels" or something tho

what happens if you set their base level to 0

I was hoping for smarter bots.

what happens if you set their base level to 0
It's hardcoded to prevent going 0 and under - if this was removed the health mod will take over and make them completely invincible due to the way I set it up.

I recommend using ints for the event output since you're doing levels, no need for using strings for outputs:
registerOutputEvent("target", "eventName", "int min max default");

ints do not allow VCE variables.

It's hardcoded to prevent going 0 and under - if this was removed the health mod will take over and make them completely invincible due to the way I set it up.

I recommend using ints for the event output since you're doing levels, no need for using strings for outputs:
registerOutputEvent("target", "eventName", "int min max default");

I am aware of different types of arguments I could of used, but I just did this quick initially and honestly it just gets the job done. I'm honestly not up for focusing on details like that.. if it does cause issues with how people use it or raise potential of crashing please let me know.

Anyone can put out any suggestion that seems interesting and would pertain to a bot being flexible in some way. I kind of wanted to do more than just levels, so I planned probably too far ahead and went with it being bot dynamics.

ints do not allow VCE variables.
They wont work on these events either, I might be wrong but have you tested it? I tried something like this on a brick text event and it did not work. VCE had to package a few events to be able to use the VCE ml chars in them (prints only and the original vce events)

The ints are a simple change and should NOT cause crashing, seems silly. Just helps prevent people from putting stupid chars and decimals in it. Levels are whole numbers, people can make them decimals. It is a suggestion though.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:32:26 PM by Kyuande »

They wont work on these events either, I might be wrong but have you tested it? I tried something like this on a brick text event and it did not work. VCE had to package a few events to be able to use the VCE ml chars in them (prints only and the original vce events)

The ints are a simple change and should NOT cause crashing, seems silly. Just helps prevent people from putting stupid chars and decimals in it. Levels are whole numbers, people can make them decimals. It is a suggestion though.

I meant what else could be wrong with it other than the int for it to crash. I'll update it soon though, maybe add a bit more as well.

They wont work on these events either, I might be wrong but have you tested it?
no
I intentionally didn't say that strings always did but I guess I should've taken more than five seconds to write my post and say "I'm not sure if strings always work with VCE variables"