Author Topic: Admin Chat  (Read 4434 times)

what do you mean?

if you are going to mute someone for 2 decades you could just ban them instead

if you are going to mute someone for 2 decades you could just ban them instead
mute =/= ban
i'd rather play muted than not at all on some servers
not ones that involve teamwork though

but yeah just mute people for -1 why do you need to mute someone for 2 decades but not forever?
you will not be hosting in 2 decades, if blockland doesn't die of natural causes badspot will have taken it down, a successor will have come along, and/or the world as we know it will have ended for better or worse
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 10:59:40 PM by Super Suit 12 »

You're wrong. I'm a time traveler and I came to warn you all that my mute on FuntCucker9000 has expired and he harassed me. You need to know this information so that we can stop him now and all revoke him or make the mute permanent so I don't have to go through this traumatizing experience.

mute =/= ban
i'd rather play muted than not at all on some servers
not ones that involve teamwork though

but yeah just mute people for -1 why do you need to mute someone for 2 decades but not forever?
you will not be hosting in 2 decades, if blockland doesn't die of natural causes badspot will have taken it down, a successor will have come along, and/or the world as we know it will have ended for better or worse
I do not think you are getting the point. Muting people for a stupidly long time is bad. If they are a problem and you had to mute them that long they should be banned instead.

Yes maybe a few servers are ok for this kind of thing but overall it is unneeded to mute someone for over a week in my opinion.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 08:45:08 AM by Kyuande »

honestly im doing that for fun and for the laughs, because muting someone for 10 eons is pretty amusing anyway.

There is already a big integer library courtesy of McTwist.
im looking at it right now and it looks like he does this in a bad and inefficient way. ipquarx has told me he had already made a bignum library which is pretty similar to mine anyway in how it works (numbers are stored in registers as arrays of base-65536 digits) but never managed to do division, which is what im working on doing (its the only thing i have left to do right now). also right now it seems that mctwist's library is not precise and will get you rounding errors despite being designed for integers.

also i would need the bignum functions i am making right now for cryptography-related stuff (probably mainly ECC). i had this project waiting for years but the thing that actually motivated me to make this bignum library is this mute mod...