Author Topic: red text tony  (Read 30924 times)

how about you just stop and save us all the effort?
sorry but im not going to change my colorful lifestyle just because a couple of monochrome SJWs want me to. why don't you let me live my own life and format my own text the way i want to, and you can go on living yours

Ike shouldn't have to explain why "livening up your text with style" is annoying, it should be common sense

But here's a few reasons not to do such a thing; It's distracting, in a conversation where you'd want to be taken seriously, using BBCode to "liven" up your text is not the way to do it, and it makes you look like you're crying out for attention because you're trying to be different from everyone else

Additionally, using BBCode is only for important posts, like megathread OPs

that's a valid explanation and i'll take that. its honestly a shame ike couldn't elaborate.

common sense can be pretty subjective at times, but the way you explained it is clear

sorry but im not going to change my colorful lifestyle just because a couple of monochrome SJWs want me to. why don't you let me live my own life and format my own text the way i want to, and you can go on living yours

Now this is the kind of answer I was trying to goad out of you. Here's my point - trying to emulate Tony makes you worse than him. At worst, he's basically just a troll. Your posts are worse because you're actively trying to undermine the guy every step of the way out of sheer contempt. How does this make you better than him? As far as I know, Tony's just doing it for the lulz. While not great, it's not on that level of pettiness.

There's literally nothing wrong with Tony using red text. Your posts, however, are just a constant reminder of why you've been thrown out of the forum multiple times. Why do you keep coming back?

Now this is the kind of answer I was trying to goad out of you. Here's my point - trying to emulate Tony makes you worse than him. At worst, he's basically just a troll. Your posts are worse because you're actively trying to undermine the guy every step of the way out of sheer contempt. How does this make you better than him? As far as I know, Tony's just doing it for the lulz. While not great, it's not on that level of pettiness.

There's literally nothing wrong with Tony using red text. Your posts, however, are just a constant reminder of why you've been thrown out of the forum multiple times. Why do you keep coming back?
its interesting because this post was exactly what i was trying to goad out of you. i already know that tony is one of the pettiest forumers here and i'm not at all trying to emulate his handicapation to prove a point to him. however, you and several other people have this particular tendency to launch into threads and call out anyone you disagree with personally. that's all you do. besides the off chance that you actually manage to explain why, your posts are just "you dont even know what your talking about" or "stop posting" which is the exact kind of inflammatory stuff insert name here does on a daily basis and is why he's a very despised forumer.

i'm not a troll anymore. i don't exist to provoke negative responses from people. however, you're convinced that i am. even when i try to explain my honest to god opinion on research you completely ridicule me as if i'm attempting to troll. either you dearly think im a boy who cried wolf or you just feel fulfillment from trying to 1up others

i'm not a troll anymore. i don't exist to provoke negative responses from people.

Give it a rest, Path.

i really dont get whats wrong with this
youre all being dense

BBCode shouldnt only be for important posts.
Im not teaming up with tony here, but sometimes i like to emphasize sarcasm by using italics
or use invisible text to sneak in a joke

its not okay to use them in an actual argument. You, phantos, being on my rep level or even worse, are regarded as a troll or a handicap. You should know that trolling like tony is just for attention and annoying, so why do it?

It's okay to make green or red text in normal posts where it would be ignored. But you're doing it everywhere to annoy a couple dudes on the forum. Why?

You're opinionated view on everything is kind of stupid when you resort to personal insults and dismissing on people like me. You're either a troll or a pain to deal with in real life. You used to be a bit nicer, like 2-3 months ago. Go back to that.

BBCode shouldnt only be for important posts.
Im not teaming up with tony here, but sometimes i like to emphasize sarcasm by using italics
or use invisible text to sneak in a joke
Yeah, i forgot about the exceptions to certain BBCodes like bold, italics, and underlining which can be used for emphasis or pointing out one thing or another

Though i mainly stick to italics or upper case lettering for emphasis and bold for pointing things out in someone's post, i rarely use underlining, and strike-through i only use when jokingly scratching out some words

...which is the exact kind of inflammatory stuff insert name here does on a daily basis and is why he's a very despised forumer.

This is the kinda point I'm reaching for here. This is just mean, no other way to spin it. Tony's red text is jarring and distracting yeah, but come on, you're full of stuff if you're trying to say you're coloring your text purple. Why else would your initial posts here be
why are people getting so upset over a color

instead of something like

i dont see anything wrong with color

My post was simply a "give it a rest" because I knew what the purpose of yours (and other people's) posts were. Now you're trying to turn this on me being argumentative because that's your end goal here, start stuff and get people angry.

Also real classy dragging INH in for no reason other than to make a quick jab. Whether or not he's annoying, he doesn't deserve to be stuff on unsolicited.