Author Topic: $$$ for Code (Gamemode Project)  (Read 1984 times)

Hello! Yesterday I posted a topic in general discussions about if I should continue development in my server and stated that I had some cash to spend on helpers, I did a poll to see what people would think or if they cared and amazingly 6 people voted Yes to continue. If you don't know my server is based off of a game mode on Garry's mod called Jedi Vs Sith, its basically a game mode in which you start as a youngling(jedi) or initiate(sith) working your way up learning new force powers and upgrading your lightsaber with cosmetics and such, its a star wars roleplay game with rpg elements.

Im hiring 1 Coder to develop this gamemode, if you want to help for free (who does that)that would be cool because today is my birthday so nice.

If you want to take this "Job" post your BL_ID, previous works, and your $$$ pricetag or shoot me a pm.

What I Need
(Ill try to give as much detail as possible?)

Levels, XP, Force, Strength System - Every 100 XP you get a level, meditating grants you force over time, and strength goes up with combat practice

Force Powers - Meditate, Push, Pull, Heal, ect?

Faction System - Ability to create a team/faction as well as white list people to them

Inventory System - Ability to store items in a gui like Item Storage

Lightsaber Inventory System - 2 slots inside your lightsaber one for the crystal and the other for your module, crystal stats reflect lightsaber damage

Mining - You can mine crystals from certain bricks with a random chance at Item Grade(Rarity): Percentage(Structure): Combat Rating(Damage):

Crafting - A crafting system to improve your crystal, you will take 5 crystals and craft them into one stronger or weaker depending on crystal stats

I will go into more depth later on down the road, feel free to ask questions.

of all the things you have here, inventory system is probably the most difficult and its probably best to try to just use item storage rather than have someone write something just like it. gui's are esp time consuming and only a few know how to make them (im not one of these people)

of all the things you have here, inventory system is probably the most difficult and its probably best to try to just use item storage rather than have someone write something just like it. gui's are esp time consuming and only a few know how to make them (im not one of these people)
Using item storage is fine I just need someone to add a lightsaber inventory and have it somehow detect the crystal stats you want to use

help for free (who does that)
a fair amount of people do

Inventory System - Ability to store items in a gui like Item Storage
I think there's an addon that does that already
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=243192.0

Levels, XP, Force, Strength System - Every 100 XP you get a level, meditating grants you force over time, and strength goes up with combat practice

Mining - You can mine crystals from certain bricks with a random chance at Item Grade(Rarity): Percentage(Structure): Combat Rating(Damage):

Crafting - A crafting system to improve your crystal, you will take 5 crystals and craft them into one stronger or weaker depending on crystal stats
these could probably be evented, or easily scripted

Force Powers - Meditate, Push, Pull, Heal, ect?

Faction System - Ability to create a team/faction as well as white list people to them

Lightsaber Inventory System - 2 slots inside your lightsaber one for the crystal and the other for your module, crystal stats reflect lightsaber damage
those are probably the harder bits, and would require models

a fair amount of people do
I think there's an addon that does that already
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=243192.0
these could probably be evented, or easily scripted
those are probably the harder bits, and would require models
I know theres stuff I could do but theres others that I cant without coding thats why a gamemode would be best.

i can mash out a few models for free and pretty quickly if someone is willing to handle the scripting portion

may make this when I have time
also working on some other projects

PM me and I'll code this for you.