Author Topic: [NEWS] United States military is not allowing mentally and physically disabled p  (Read 3754 times)

so the 80% of transgenders who aren't taking hormone treatment or in need of medication now get their 1st amendment violated! Good!

Annoying Orange is the american hero we need. im glad we can punish people who make choices about their identity and body
there aint no stuff about the military in that

so the 80% of transgenders who aren't taking hormone treatment or in need of medication now get their 1st amendment violated! Good!
The first amendment has nothing to do with either military service, nor transgenderism.

The first amendment has nothing to do with either military service, nor transgenderism.
im sure being able to identify as someone or something counts as the first amendment. also being able to make cosmetic changes to your body.
you know, things that you have the freedom to do in this country without having to worry about being considered a burden

Yeah what does Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech have to do with the military or being transgender?

im sure being able to identify as someone or something counts as the first amendment. also being able to make cosmetic changes to your body.
you know, things that you have the freedom to do in this country without having to worry about being considered a burden
Well, the military isn't stopping you from being transgender. Plus, they're not stopping you from getting cosmetic surgery. They're just not allowing transgender people to serve, which could be debated about morally.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 08:51:10 PM by bloody jumper »

the identity part counts as the first amendment, while gender changes, cosmetic surgery or other love-changing medical acts are not listed as constitutional rights but it's still considered a somatic right.

either way its legal to change your love, refusing enlistment to perfectly healthy people who changed their body or identification is unjustifiable and has no benefits

the identity part counts as the first amendment, while gender changes, cosmetic surgery or other love-changing medical acts are not listed as constitutional rights but it's still considered a somatic right
Are you saying that love changes should be a constitutional right? What?

Are you saying that love changes should be a constitutional right? What?
i don't know. i think that 'your body, your choice' works

love changes are just plastic surgery. i don't see what's wrong with that

Well, the military isn't stopping you from being transgender. Plus, they're not stopping you from getting cosmetic surgery. They're just not allowing transgender people to serve, which could be debated about morally.
you're right, they aren't stopping people from being transgender. the fact that they're stopping people from serving has no objective benefits as of yet, unless they desperately want to increase the $4 million budget total for transgender soldier health benefits. it's not really a moral issue, it's just the military discriminating against a group of people that want to serve their country. there's no way to logically justify it either

denying people who are taking hormone treatment is regular and is obviously a smart decision, as hormone treatment inhibits and affects behavior. however, the 'banning all transgenders from serving' will include transgender recruits who aren't on hormone treatment as well.

p-body cant join the army due to his shown defficiency with portal guns

i don't know. i think that 'your body, your choice' works

love changes are just plastic surgery. i don't see what's wrong with that
Yes, but it's overly specific. Why would you specifically say that you're allowed to do what you want with your body when the 14th amendment clearly reads

"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

It's generalized, and affects everyone. Why would you make a amendment specifically for a group that represents less than 1% of the population

i'm confused. are you saying i'm being redundant in that they already have an amendment protecting bodily rights or are you saying that the amendment doesn't cover it

either way it really doesn't change what im trying to say

i'm confused. are you saying i'm being redundant in that they already have an amendment protecting bodily rights or are you saying that the amendment doesn't cover it

either way it really doesn't change what im trying to say
I'm saying that we don't need a specific amendment for a group that makes up such a small minority that is in the United States, when there are plenty of other amendments that serve the purpose your asking for admirably. The Military isn't preventing you from being transgender, it isn't stopping you from getting cosmetic surgery, however it is stopping people who are from joining the Military. The idea that this violates the first amendment is silly. Now I'm not saying it's the moral thing to do, because that's an entirely different debate, I'm saying it doesn't strictly violate the first amendment.

alright i agree that it doesn't, and that was my mistake

alright i agree that it doesn't, and that was my mistake
Alright, cool. I'm glad you agree!