VCE: Should I use it?

Author Topic: VCE: Should I use it?  (Read 1446 times)

As the title states, would you guys recommend VCE still? I've heard that it's exploitable and such but am wondering if it's still OK to use or not.

I think it's fine as of the latest version, though I usually make the minigame first, I don't think you would see much people using it anyway since most people use normal events. But otherwise I think it's fine to use

I don't see anything wrong with using it
it's useful and adds a lot of content to eventing

I've heard that it's exploitable and such but am wondering if it's still OK to use or not.
how is it exploitable? is it just people spamming rockets, or are people using it to somehow get admin?

how is it exploitable? is it just people spamming rockets, or are people using it to somehow get admin?

I've been away for a while, so I don't know. That's why I'm asking.

It really depends what you plan on doing.

If it's just a small server you're workin on, then yeah, go for it. If it's full RPG that you're trying to go for, I would strongly suggest leaning towards a script instead of events

It's mainly the use of infinite variable loops that can trap players and the fact that a single line of VCE can delete your player that makes it exploitable.
All of that can be fixed/stopped if administration is paying attention.

VCE also has a chance to crash a server via events by a player and break clients (meaning they have to either reconnect or restart Blockland)

It really depends what you plan on doing.

If it's just a small server you're workin on, then yeah, go for it. If it's full RPG that you're trying to go for, I would strongly suggest leaning towards a script instead of events

Since I'm working on a personal server, I guess it would fit my needs.

It's mainly the use of infinite variable loops that can trap players and the fact that a single line of VCE can delete your player that makes it exploitable.
All of that can be fixed/stopped if administration is paying attention.

VCE also has a chance to crash a server via events by a player and break clients (meaning they have to either reconnect or restart Blockland)

Good to know.

I got enough so I'll lock the thread. Thanks guys!