Sweden has gender neutral schools.

Author Topic: Sweden has gender neutral schools.  (Read 15053 times)

using "they" as a gender neutral pronoun is grammatically incorrect though
there is no gender neutral singular pronoun in english

"it" with animals/objects and "he" with humans has been the longstanding tradition

^ it's right you know

it used to be grammatically incorrect but now its ok cause language changes over time

used to could be be referring to 800 years ago heh heh thats what i totally meant

People use it all the time but once it comes to political stuff it's suddenly incorrect.
i couldn't care less about the politics and it just sounds completely out of place when anybody uses it

isnt this the same handicap who thought game of thrones was feminist propoganda

It's grammatically correct but it sounds stupid as stuff when referring to someone who is clearly either a man or a woman since we have already have pronouns for those two things and there's no need to refer to them as "they" when you can obviously see they're a he or a she

It's grammatically correct but it sounds stupid as stuff when referring to someone who is clearly either a man or a woman since we have already have pronouns for those two things and there's no need to refer to them as "they" when you can obviously see they're a he or a she
can you tell for this one?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/238914176066650114/342037984461324288/5LZgpUg.png

I decided to skip his video because I didn't want to give him the views and instead went over to the Vice doc which actually had production value. Holy stuff this is like an acid trip. I almost screamed several times

can you tell for this one?
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/238914176066650114/342037984461324288/5LZgpUg.png

Looks like a chick. If she asked me to refer to her as "they" I'd refuse, and if she clarified that she's really an extremely effeminate male I would concede and refer to him as such. Not really confusing and not that complicated if you ask me.

Looks like a chick. If she asked me to refer to her as "they" I'd refuse, and if she clarified that she's really an extremely effeminate male I would concede and refer to him as such. Not really confusing and not that complicated if you ask me.
Good answer.

If she asked me to refer to her as "they" I'd refuse
then you're just a piece of stuff. there is nothing presumptive about 'they.' they' is not a gender and you are not accepting some kind of agenda by referring to a person by gender neutral words. you can believe them to be a brain-damaged mental patient for all I give a stuff and still call them 'they' because you shouldn't even care. if someone asks you not to call them by a certain pronoun and you proceed to do it, you're an starfish. there's no justification. you're not righteous for being a richard.

Good answer.
no it's not. if someone asked me to call them by something crazy like 'xe' 'xat' or something I'd just refer to them as 'they' and by their name. but if she said that she didn't identify as either gender and requested gender neutral pronouns, he should just say 'they'. you're not accepting an agenda by using words we use every day. if you refer to them as 'she' when they are biologically male you could at least make the case that you are enforcing their delusion. but refusing to call them 'they'? that's ridiculous.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 03:29:53 PM by McZealot »