Author Topic: Blockland Civilization Game - Need Countries  (Read 1644 times)

Am in the process of making a civilization-like game, player runs a country, gets upgrades / chooses style of government, defends from bot controlled countries, attacks bot countries, decisions player makes matter at the global scale. And...

I need names for countries that would be controlled by a bot that decides on random events. So, I'd like people to suggest Blockland related stuff - Think Clans, cliques, beef with others, etc:

Country Name: (Country Name.)
Leader: (Name of leader, could just be you, their Title.)
Type of Government: (Democracy, Dictatorship, Communist, determines policies / how other countries interact)
Country Size: (1-5, this'll modify a couple variables for better or worse, also size on World Map.)
Country Color: (Color on World Map and actions.)
Other: (Anything else relevant for your country. This is where you can get really creative, with extra political figures in your country, rebellions, more info, etc.)

Will try to add as many people and their countries as I can, though if there are quite a few suggestions I might settle on picking the most creative and interesting ones. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 07:18:11 PM by Blockhead31735 »

you'd have to add the USSR
Yea they were one of the first I immediately thought of for this kind of thing.

gotta have nigeria to be honest

also blo
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 05:31:23 PM by Drydess »

gotta have nigeria to be honest
also blo

Yea they would be interesting, though need all this:

Country Name:
Leader:
Type of Government:
Country Size:
Country Color:
Other:

Not sure if many people that I've talked to are getting the idea behind this. Am in need of countries that players would be able to fight, take over, or ally with. But Blockland related instead of just using countries of Earth. So like Clans of Blockland and known players, that kind of stuff.

Also have been writing and doing some logic tests.

Buildings & Upgrades:
---------------------
X1. Workshop (allows for other buildings)
A1. Bank (unlocks bank, bank loans, and stock market)
B1. Capital Building (unlocks your government type)
C1. Military Base (allows for army camp, army fort, and army base)
X2. Construction (allows for better buildings)
B2. Embassy (unlocks Foreign investments / oil, and whatever B2 things are)
C2. Forge (unlocks Gunsmith and Tech Foundry)
X3. Public Works (unlocks Nuclear and whatever B3 is)
A3. Nuclear (unlocks Nuclear Energy & Nuclear Compound)
B3. Not sure yet.
X4. National Construction Agency (unlocks Secret Lab)
C4. Secret Lab (unlocks Doomsday Device)

Economic Upgrades (A):
------------------
A1. Bank (produces money)
A2. Bank Loans (produces even more money)
A3. Stock Market (produces even more more money)
A4. Foreign Investments (produces a lot of money, but makes other countries mad)
A5. Foreign Oil (produces a ton of money, makes other countries very mad quickly though)
A6. Nuclear Energy (produces most money)

Government Upgrades (B):
--------------------
B1. Democracy - Gay Friendship Ability (improves relations with other countries)
B1. Dictatorship - Slave Labor Ability (makes money produce very fast for short time, dem & commie countries get mad)
B1. Communist - Daddy USSR Ability (USSR gives you stuff, dem and dictator countries get mad)
B2. Democracy -
B2. Dictatorship -
B2. Communist -
B3. Democracy -
B3. Dictatorship -
B3. Communist -

Military Upgrades (C):
------------------
C1. Military Base I (gives you 1 soldier max, attack / defend)
C2. Military Base II (gives you 2 soldier max, attack / defend)
C3. Military Base III (gives you 4 soldier max, attack / defend)
C4. Military Base IV (gives you 7 soldier max, attack / defend)
C5. Military Base V (gives you 11 soldier max, attack / defend)

D1. Gunsmith (allows you to get Guns & Rockets for soldiers)

E1. Tech Foundry (allows you to get Ships - attack through waterways, & Planes - attack anywhere)

F1. Nuclear Compound (allows you to use Nukes - kill countries immediately? If so definitely cooldown / 1 use)

G1. Doomsday Device (Nukes whole map, alternate ending. All countries destroyed)

Could use ideas for the above stuff ^
As well as ideas for random events, like "X person, the leader of Y country, has died of AIDS." that could change up things in the game like make other countries more hostile / friendly, or just be funny stuff.

is this gonna be a server or a forum game or what

is this gonna be a server or a forum game or what
In game RTS. Rn plan is just single player but could very well do multiplayer if interested enough and I have a good way to do it.

Country Name: The bone realm
Leader: cromartini
Type of Government: bones
Country Size: 2
Country Color: green
Other: everyone is a loving skeleton

Country Name: The bone realm
Leader: cromartini
Type of Government: bones
Country Size: 2
Country Color: green
Other: everyone is a loving skeleton
That's the idea, ty. Though what kind of government / policies would bones have?

Anyways, gonna give quick rundown of how game will play.

Before starting the game, you'd get to select some options and customize your country, You'd pick the type of gov't, color of your country on map and flag, flag design, etc...

When the game actually starts, it's pretty cookie clicker like in that you'd have to manually collect money (the resource for buying buildings, upgrades, etc) and AP (action points, these are mostly for gov't policies and stuff, so like proposing a treaty with a neighboring country). You'd get upgrades and put policies in effect, to either ally or attack, and defend against other countries.

While you're managing your own country, stuff would be going down on the global scale, as well. Through a complex randomizer, other countries could ally or fight eachother, or upgrade themselves in the same way that you'd upgrade your country.

Your decisions within your country would also have an impact in the world, so like making some dictator policy would piss off commie and democrat countries, increasing their chances to fight you, and lowering their chances to ally with you.

Overall, your goal is to either ally with as many countries as possible, or capture as many countries as possible. I have a couple secret endings planned, as well.

Here is what the map looks like. The numbers on the white countries are the sizes available.

I made a couple dummy countries, and after a bit of time:

So yea, that is the plan for now. Any suggestions are welcome, and as always I'm in need of people giving ideas for countries.

Bones is a type of goverment where the flesh and the muscle are violently rattled away from the body, to show the perfection that is the skeleton.