CityMod

Author Topic: CityMod  (Read 4684 times)

(I will get the list of things we wanted changed at some point, there was like 17 - 19 things)

1. SWAT job (Education 7) - Baton, Gun and has 1 Breaching Charge, must work together to brake into drug warehouses/homes.
2. Drug supplies are limited on the server, so gangs must fight over territory/and drugs.
3. Increased drug prices.
4. Charged record clearing ($25000?)
5. and can make taxed properties none taxed (costs same as its taxeless version)
6. More passive jobs/passive progression
7. Reduce drug value (so to earn less)
8. Add good paying passive jobs for Education 7
9. Tweak other jobs, so passive jobs dont have weapons.
10. Add a larger penalty for crime, so to reduce it.
11. Add parole, so if you become wanted whilst on parole you get a longer jail time
12. Make jail more like a jail, not a luxury island
13. Remove mining and chopping trees from island jail
14. Forced jail time, you have to be on the server to serve time.
15. Punishment for suiciding to avoid arrest (jail time?)
16. Fix shopkeepers bug with selling ammo and guns!
17. Punishment for none cops who kill wanteds (especially those we are going to clear). Police are the only ones who can kill wanteds legally
18. Hacker Job for crime people (Requires reincarnation) - Allows hacking of ATM's just like Watchdogs

This is the list I mentioned,
Also I was thinking of building a town/city thing for this just the other day, I got some free time, so would you like me to start one?

Also I was thinking of building a town/city thing for this just the other day, I got some free time, so would you like me to start one?

There currently aren't any plans for a city build, but sometime soon I will try to organize something.  Stay tuned.

Stay tuned.

Oke doke, will do.
(I'm excited for this :) )

CityMod is not dead.  I'm still working on it, but progress has been slow because I've been putting in more hours into my IRL job.  However, if I am to continue to work on this project, I need to know if there is still community interest in it because, frankly, it is extremely demotivating to work on something in isolation.

As a side note, I have created a Discord server to get community input and discuss ideas.  Currently, I need help deciding the best direction for the jobs system.  The link is also in the OP.

Invitation Link
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 02:10:55 PM by Vaux »

watch as the suburbia boys come rival again

i like this idea a lot!!! it's a step-up from those typical CityRPGs!

the armed armada of alligators declares war on this city rpg poser

there can be only one, and that one happens to be suburbia

isnt suburbia dead?
yea, the devs didnt like the direction it was going because a lot of the assumptions about players they made during development were wrong, etc. pretty much, the big issue is that there was no win condition, and not having a way for a player to "win" creates all kinds of issues.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 08:56:35 AM by Mr Queeba »

yea, the devs didnt like the direction it was going because a lot of the assumptions about players they made during development were wrong, etc. pretty much, the big issue is that there was no win condition, and not having a way for a player to "win" creates all kinds of issues.

I remember reading that in Gty's reasoning for canceling Suburbia, but I'm curious into the details of what exactly happened.

suburbia had at least plenty of creative ideas i had a lot of respect for. in charles' words it was basically a capitalist simulator and it was more than just a "reaction" to typical CityRPGs. i had a lot of hype for it when it gets released but it was a bummer that i heard the bad news. i hope it gets mentioned some time again.

aside from that derailment i accidentally brought up, at least something new like this topic comes up. i genuinely can't wait for it and i'd probably contribute a lot for it such as its coding or building if i had the knowledge. best i could do right now is maybe suggest a few things for this topic. may be too much but take note at least:

for real estate, have you thought about the idea of apartments? it may sound a bit weird in the beginning but it would be a new and unique idea if we added hotels, motels, and apartments and such if these people don't have enough money to buy their own piece of land or estate. the difficulty is probably execution, like how can you own that particular room, and what can you do in it and etc. it would probably have something to do with brick ownership and etc. apartments are a cheaper way than going to just find real estate and if you want to additionally argue for it, it would be a bit more realistic on city terms.

that's it so far, i'll edit this post and maybe quote if i think of more.

Hey everyone, I just got back from vacation and am planning on resuming development.

One thing that would help development and be nice to have is some "brick plant error" images, similar to the default ones for "buried" and "floating", but instead for errors specific to properties and such.  The vanilla style does not need to be retained, just something more than a centerprint would be nice.

Mainly, the error images I need are:
  • NO BASEPLATE: When a brick is not planted on a property.
  • OUT OF BOUNDS: When a brick is not fully inside the bounds of a property.
  • DISCONNECTED BRICK: When a brick is planted inside the bounds of a property but does not connect to the baseplate.
  • PROPERTY ALREADY EXISTS: When a property baseplate is planted inside of an existing property.
  • INSUFFICIENT RESOURCES: Basically a generic "out of resources" error for lack of resources/funds to plant a brick.
  • RESTRICTED BRICK: Another generic error for when a player tries to plant a brick they don't have access to.

If anyone is willing to fabricate images for all or even some of those errors, that would be much appreciated!