Author Topic: Entire builds disappearing while still providing collision  (Read 1332 times)

So recently on Tekari's Town Roleplay I've been having some trouble with buildings randomly disappearing, while there is still some artifacts of the bricks themselves, or even parts of the build (ie some of the interior) still remaining intact. For reference the structure I'll be showing you was built inside of a terrain brick, which I think might be apart of it. Usually when I reconnect to the server the structure begins as being see-able, but soon afterwords I hear the sound as if somebody had wanded the baseplate (ie hundreds of bricks being destroyed and falling) and then most of the building is invisible.
First picture
Second picture
Third picture
Forth picture
Structure for reference
Flushing my texture cache rendered little help - I'm pretty much guessing that it has something to do with the terrain brick/zonebrick error when you hammer something and all the connecting bricks appear invisible and then you have to individually hammer the invisible objects. Not sure what a fix might be. If it helps at all in the past we experienced issues where our games would crash if we got close to certain parts of the terrain block.

this is on your client only?

I've had this happen if I build way up in the sky and can't see the ground anymore
I suspect the client thinks the build is floating and when one brick is killed it chains
but the server knows the truth and prevents the client from falling through the bricks (and you "bounce" because your client sees nothing under you, falls, then the server tells you where you actually are)

reloading brick cache fixes this

reloading brick cache fixes this
Not sure what the command is for this.
this is on your client only?

I've had this happen if I build way up in the sky and can't see the ground anymore
I suspect the client thinks the build is floating and when one brick is killed it chains
but the server knows the truth and prevents the client from falling through the bricks (and you "bounce" because your client sees nothing under you, falls, then the server tells you where you actually are)
It is my client only. That seems consistent with what we were observing, but just seems odd since it hasn't followed with the characteristics of any other time I've experienced it.