Author Topic: BLIVE 1.0.0 [UNDER CONSTRUCTION]  (Read 16182 times)

will push an update within the next month since ive found more motivation to work on it, ill give it a name later
Significant future backend updates are likely to conflict with the frontend you're making.

You're trying to build the roof before finishing the foundation, let alone the walls.
yup ive decided to go back to my more progress-inducing system of working on both at the same time since it worked the most for me

That method is much better for self motivation but the product ends up.. odd. You will end up having to do major reworks in the future if you don't work on your back-end first.

That method is much better for self motivation but the product ends up.. odd. You will end up having to do major reworks in the future if you don't work on your back-end first.
definitely
im still considering how to set up the sql but i will try to limit myself to 8 columns per row since it gets pretty painful to work with 8+ rows when listing file details (such as if youre looking at the weapons board)

this is an old topic right now but whatever.

due to a sudden increase in motivation i have almost given blive basic functionality.  the rest of the basics i need to implement is an id/key system for files since i dont want to implement accounts, blockland id authentication upon upload (and rejection if it doesnt work), and an administration page of some sort.

also, maybe ill just use ajax on the login page for the staff to fetch another page with the key being added as a post request to make the experience smoother.  probably not but im not sure.  maybe ill just make it the usual login.php stuff.  i am tempted to use get to make bookmarking the login for staff easier.

also, sorry for the triplepost, but i dont want to forget to mention.  i will not open up outside connectivity to blive until its functional.  after that i will try to bugtest and when the bugtest finises i will work on cosmetics.

i really should have taken jincux's advice sooner.  because hes right.  the backend is a pretty big priority.

EDIT:

also im sort of changing the staff system.  basically the moderators are given a special alias and a key for that alias.  so if im a moderator then maybe my alias is "ettemile420" and my password is "insert sha256 hash here of an md5 or bla bla bla".  if i flesh out this system i might be able to make moderator or staff ranks similarly to discord's permission/role system.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 02:45:17 PM by theviacom »