Google fires James Damore for memo on echochamber

Author Topic: Google fires James Damore for memo on echochamber  (Read 23676 times)

the funniest thing here is that he's basically an even less successful version of tony
I'm late to the party, but I think the difference between Tony and Kimon is that while they both invoke Poe's Law, I think Tony is just a ridiculously good satirist ironically pretending to be a handicap, while Kimon is just handicapped.

The problem I take with Kimon isn't that I disagree with him politically (which I should note, I do, to acknowledge my own bias) but rather that I have never seen Kimon concede defeat when he is wrong about something and will either continue stuffposting about Communism or completely sperg out and post memes to try to derail the topic.

I'd recommend reading this too
I can't address the validity of his first two points since I haven't read the entire memo. But even if the conclusions of the memo are false, I don't think that's actually worth firing someone over. Being wrong shouldn't be worthy of dismissal unless it's malicious or otherwise violates the rules of civil discourse.

The third point in that response is something that, in my mind, warrants HR response - the whole idea that the memo was a deliberate attempt to belittle female Google staff members.

I don't, at least skimming the article, see the author implying that women are biologically unsuitable for working at Google. He makes claims about average differences in certain personality traits (some of which are probably false conclusions, but, again, I'd have to read more) based on small selections of literature, and then tries to extrapolate from there to explain the tech gap. Is that valid reasoning? I don't know. But it doesn't constitute a deliberate, targeted attack against his female colleagues like Zunger claims.

Also like, at least a paragraph of this guy's response to the memo is just him complaining about having to explain it to his friends. Controversy is not inherently bad.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:19:07 AM by SeventhSandwich »

At least you've fully committed to dropping all reason and taking the brute force approach. That's a step in the right direction.
At least youre consistant in defending brute force and all, especially considering your two favorite communist dictators killed over 75 million people!

Has he done anything worth banning since his last ban?
Yes, multiple instances

People have really tried to help you Kimon but you refuse to change. At some point they just have to give up and hope you get banned for the 100th time.
I can discern whether or not somebody is trying to help me, or if they're just joining in so that they can fit in more. It's really sad to see kids like Unova lash out at people in order to fit in more, in the hopes that it would make them less of a target.

At least y'all aren't beating around the bush anymore. It feels like the last 6 pages were just people calling Kimon a handicap without really giving any reasons.

literally everyone was giving reasons
what the forget are you on

It's really sad to see kids like Unova lash out at people in order to fit in more, in the hopes that it would make them less of a target.
Funny as you do this yourself

Kimon is pretty much exactly like blockchip

The problem I take with Kimon isn't that I disagree with him politically (which I should note, I do, to acknowledge my own bias) but rather that I have never seen Kimon concede defeat when he is wrong about something
I'll admit to that ;) haha get it
What were those reasons? Because I posted funny monkeys in a setting that was not an actual argument?
Kimon is pretty much exactly like blockchip
I've gotta say, you're nothing if not consistent

Why don't you prove that my points are communism trolling mumbo-jumbo?

you fully admitted you're using a novelty account and that it's purpose is to post about anti-capitalism. this is all stuff you said, stop trying to weasel out of it.

What are you afraid of? Losing an internet argument?

isn't that the whole point of your loving account? that you're too enveloped in this loving website to just let it be? most people would get the message that they're not wanted around after being banned for being an idiot but i guess you're just a special case. a really special case. you're too autistic to go outside and do stuff so instead you decide to forget up your reputation even further by stuffposting about communism on a goddamn lego forum. what do you have to prove here? that nobody likes you? what's the loving point? to troll a bunch of dumb cuckservatives? tell me kimon

I have never seen Kimon concede defeat when he is wrong about something and will either continue stuffposting about Communism or completely sperg out and post memes to try to derail the topic.
I've seen almost nobody "concede defeat when [they are] wrong". Most of the time people stop replying or deflect in some way.

Could someone please point me to one specific example of the bolded part

Everything page 3 and on was like what I described. Show me your counterevidence (besides Cappytaino)

Alot of people rag on me for using the "no u" argument, but when it's just stupid and people are going into your past to bring something to the table something really has to drop here.
Kimon brung up beachbum being banned for flaming out of the blue, misread INH's post, and blatantly pulls a victim card. "Personal Attack" my ass. I've HAD actual personal attacks. Kimon is just an attention seeking friend. No joke. He doesn't even have an argument after the first line of defense. He just pulls stuff like the "no u" argument. Even though I hate to say it, Kimon is one of the few people I actually have an active hatred against. He doesn't stop and he has a blatant distaste of anyone who doesn't support him. Hell, i'm suprised at Ultimax supporting him, because he's shown throughout this thread that he CONVERTS these threads into stuff flinging contests on purpose. He doesn't care wether or not he's acting handicapped or not. This has to be something seeping in from real life, seriously.
I don't take most arguments seriously nor do I wonder if how people act on these forums is how they act in real life. Congrats on being one of the few people to make me wonder.

I've seen almost nobody "concede defeat when [they are] wrong". Most of the time people stop replying or deflect in some way.
We can try atleast. No one allows anyone to concede defeat, and as my drama history goes people WILL talk about you in a negative way after you concede. People will resort to bumping dramas after you lock a thread. It's not worth it because it somehow attracts MORE attention in my case.

Could someone please point me to one specific example of the bolded part

like when he posted a bunch of pictures about gorillas

It may be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think Kimon's beliefs or the majority of his posts are inherently negative (Not implying that I agree with him, but rather, he has the right to state his beliefs and express them publicly.)

That being said, the obvious bait, communist circlejerking, and apprent inability to engage in a coherent debate (often ignores questions posed to him or argues against a straw man), it just gets pretty old.

like when he posted a bunch of pictures about gorillas
or posted gifs of twerking Minecraft players

I'm not reading through several pages of forgone conclusions but OT: This is how the left strangles itself, by taking criticism that could be helpful and proceeding to shove it right back down the throat of the person who offered it