"Why the forget Do People like This" Megathread

Author Topic: "Why the forget Do People like This" Megathread  (Read 23032 times)

NO ONE'S SAID FIDGET SPINNERS

< discord
people hopped right onto skype without question when msn messenger died. people loved it for whatever reason.
discord came around, people still want to use skype.

i can't even deal.

my computer kept bugging me to download skype so I did

I only get messages once in a blue moon and they're from people I don't know

why does anyone play TF2 or counterstrike or overwatch
they're all the same game

why does anyone play TF2 or counterstrike
they're all the same game
i feel like people who say this never really get into the game.
if you mean Team Fortress and CS 1.6 yeah, sure. TF2 vaguely took the outline of csgo but its still completely different...

i feel like people who say this never really get into the game.
if you mean Team Fortress and CS 1.6 yeah, sure. TF2 vaguely took the outline of csgo but its still completely different...
i wrote that wrong
i meant TF2 and overwatch are the same. i was just thinking about how i thought CS and COD and whatnot were monotonous, too, and i guess that ended up in the text box

i wrote that wrong
i meant TF2 and overwatch are the same
Still wrong. Overwatch has alot more playable characters, and makes it so you use skins instead of modular cosmetics for your player. TF2 is also slightly slower paced. TF2 also came out a long time ago and some of the earliest mentioned characters take features from the 9 classes.

i wrote that wrong
 i was just thinking about how i thought CS and COD and whatnot were monotonous, too, and i guess that ended up in the text box
CS is in no way a cod clone. Even without skins, every gun is different, has different spray patterns and skill levels, and the CS family excluding condition zero takes a very long time to reach a skill ceiling.

Explain to me why you think these games are the same? Is by looks or is it by not playing the games?

unova pls dont try to start an argument in here

i meant TF2 and overwatch are the same.
as someone who plays both
ur wrong
the core structure between them may be similar but they have many differences with their pros and cons
and that's not a reason to not play either one so uh

unova pls dont try to start an argument in here
nono he's not he's just correcting him and trying to see what he means

overly lengthy lets plays. bonus points if it's a "couch crew" who play them either together or all in the same room. game grumps is a good example. i dont give a forget about any of the games they play and the greater majority of the content they produce is crappy. im glad they're having fun at least, it's just forgetin awful to watch.

the gaming obsession with random content. the idea of it is appealing - random content is a multiplier of all the content put together in different ways. the problem is that when you slice your game up into bits like that, there can be some pretty serious side-effects that nobody seems to care about. xcom 2 has "randomized maps," which is to say that they have a set of premade assets glued onto a premade base. creative level design is dead. that's effect one, that it kills the creativity and life in a game. the second possibility is that you lose all possible quality control in your game. if you randomize too many elements of your game, you have no way of knowing if players' first impressions are going to be the same. the game is too different from one save to another so some people are going to have more fun at random. no man's sky is an example of that, albeit a poor one since it's been near universally criticized.

old games/retro style games. nostalgia is for loving idiots and i hate it. nostalgia is not enough to carry a game. some old games are good, some are not. just because some old games are good does not make them better than newer ones, and it doesn't mean that i want to play 3rd party remakes of them either.

platformer games as a genre. just totally unfun to me. i dont understand the appeal. they're just frustrating. i get no satisfaction from jumping from one platform to another.

gangster culture. weirdest thing in the world. my best guess is that it has to do with stupid people who want to look tough, and so they immerse themselves in a very poor and violent culture to make that image happen. i know this one kid on his instagram who's like, i dunno, 15? 16? and every day he's got another post on his story about how much weed he smoking or liquor he's drinking. and of course he's dressing like a gangster, throwing out signs and all. and for what? so people think he's cool. i hope he grows out of it and finds an identity outside of drug use and acting like an starfish.

streetwear/overpriced brand named clothing. im not gonna be one of those people you see around here sometimes you get made when you spend more than 20 buck on your shoes. im saying that you're a tard if you buy 300 dollar supreme clothing. you're stupid if you buy 600 dollar shoes. the exception is if you're already stupidly rich, i guess.

a LOT of metal, particularly anything with a death related word in the name of genre. i legitimately dont understand this one at all. it's a race to the bottom with these bands to see who can make the most grotesque music possible. it's loud, it's obnoxious, the lyrics are disgusting. my deal with music has always been that i require lyrics - they almost always have to be good for me to enjoy the song. a song about necrochild enthusiasm just doesn't do it for me.

politics on shortform social media, ex: twitter. nobody will ever have their views changed by someone on twitter. 140 characters is just not enough to have a conversation, let alone a debate or argument. it's conducive to stuffflinging and insults and not much else. at the end of the day everyone gets to walk away angrier than before and a little more polarized.

anime. i dont like the animation, i dont like the character designs, i dont like the awkward loveualization. anime research is better i guess. at least it's honest.

furry/brony culture. my perception of them has pretty much always been that it's a club of people who lack a sense to belonging/community and seek to replace it with an internet group. it just so happens that getting too deep into it causes people to ostracize them even more, which only entrenches them in the behaviors their group approves of. that's not to say that there aren't well adjusted people in these groups, but i get the feeling that nobody calls themselves a furry or a brony without having first been someone without somewhere else to go first. correct me if i'm wrong about all this, honestly.

downtempo pop music. it seems like it's the big thing right now in music to make a really slow, base-y song. i think it's really boring, especially since most musicians write the lyrics (and by musicians, i mean the team of writers...) write the exactly the same as a normal paced pop song. a repetitive slow song is so much worse than a repetitive uptempo cheery song. get it away from me.

overly lengthy lets plays. bonus points if it's a "couch crew" who play them either together or all in the same room. game grumps is a good example. i dont give a forget about any of the games they play and the greater majority of the content they produce is crappy. im glad they're having fun at least, it's just forgetin awful to watch.

the gaming obsession with random content. the idea of it is appealing - random content is a multiplier of all the content put together in different ways. the problem is that when you slice your game up into bits like that, there can be some pretty serious side-effects that nobody seems to care about. xcom 2 has "randomized maps," which is to say that they have a set of premade assets glued onto a premade base. creative level design is dead. that's effect one, that it kills the creativity and life in a game. the second possibility is that you lose all possible quality control in your game. if you randomize too many elements of your game, you have no way of knowing if players' first impressions are going to be the same. the game is too different from one save to another so some people are going to have more fun at random. no man's sky is an example of that, albeit a poor one since it's been near universally criticized.

platformer games as a genre. just totally unfun to me. i dont understand the appeal. they're just frustrating. i get no satisfaction from jumping from one platform to another.

gangster culture. weirdest thing in the world. my best guess is that it has to do with stupid people who want to look tough, and so they immerse themselves in a very poor and violent culture to make that image happen. i know this one kid on his instagram who's like, i dunno, 15? 16? and every day he's got another post on his story about how much weed he smoking or liquor he's drinking. and of course he's dressing like a gangster, throwing out signs and all. and for what? so people think he's cool. i hope he grows out of it and finds an identity outside of drug use and acting like an starfish.

streetwear/overpriced brand named clothing. im not gonna be one of those people you see around here sometimes you get made when you spend more than 20 buck on your shoes. im saying that you're a tard if you buy 300 dollar supreme clothing. you're stupid if you buy 600 dollar shoes. the exception is if you're already stupidly rich, i guess.

a LOT of metal, particularly anything with a death related word in the name of genre. i legitimately dont understand this one at all. it's a race to the bottom with these bands to see who can make the most grotesque music possible. it's loud, it's obnoxious, the lyrics are disgusting. my deal with music has always been that i require lyrics - they almost always have to be good for me to enjoy the song. a song about necrochild enthusiasm just doesn't do it for me.

politics on shortform social media, ex: twitter. nobody will ever have their views changed by someone on twitter. 140 characters is just not enough to have a conversation, let alone a debate or argument. it's conducive to stuffflinging and insults and not much else. at the end of the day everyone gets to walk away angrier than before and a little more polarized.

anime. i dont like the animation, i dont like the character designs, i dont like the awkward loveualization. anime research is better i guess. at least it's honest.

downtempo pop music. it seems like it's the big thing right now in music to make a really slow, base-y song. i think it's really boring, especially since most musicians write the lyrics (and by musicians, i mean the team of writers...) write the exactly the same as a normal paced pop song. a repetitive slow song is so much worse than a repetitive uptempo cheery song. get it away from me.

All of this

i cant even think of one thing let alone 5 paragraphs
i disagree with a lot of what dreams of cheese said and i might even go as far as to call him a NegativeNancy™
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 05:37:49 AM by hootaloo »