Author Topic: Destiny Megathread - PC Release 24th October  (Read 16852 times)

but i don't remember where i got it and i accidentally used the last one that i had
SUROS shaders come from turning in gunsmith materials to Banshee-44.

SUROS shaders come from turning in gunsmith materials to Banshee-44.
thanks

still waiting for the 24th october :(

yeah so this game is loving dope, already level 20. havent really touched pvp much other then to complete those first couple quests. playing as warlock and idk if i like the class that much though. i still dont have the third subclass so we'll see. i like voidwalker but the loving blink ability is absolute ass and the super is pretty underwhelming

also, why are scout rifles non-existent? i found 1 when i was like level 6 and havent found another since. i havent even seen one available for purchase anywhere

the loving blink ability is absolute ass
Blink isn't really designed for vertical travel; it's good for disorientating your enemies and getting away from obstacles. It's much more useful in Crucible with some practice.

the super is pretty underwhelming
The top path is a travelling bomb which is instant kill (because it has travel time that makes it dodgable); it's intended for disposing a large group of adds very quickly. You probably want to try the bottom path, where the multiple bombs move fast enough so they can't be dodged but do a little less damage (also, you get the Devour power which is hot hot hot).

also, why are scout rifles non-existent? i found 1 when i was like level 6 and havent found another since.
Unfortunate problem of the RNG Loot system. Bungie got rid of vendors selling Legendary Gear, so they only sell a small selection of limited stock intended for players who want to level up fast above the curve before you hit 200PL. Just keep grinding coins to turn in engrams at the vendors, then dismantle the stuff you don't like and give the materials to Banshee-44.

shortly after i posted that i got 5 scouts in a row lol, kinetic and energy. and yeah i've been running devour because it makes it close to impossible to die in pve because you can just continuously get kills to keep it up

Faction Rally is out for console players. Make sure you do activities and turn in your tokens to Future War Cult, as otherwise you're a pleb.

All the faction armors are ugly or boring for Hunters. Nice. Especially FWC.

implying hunters can even look good to start with

implying hunters can even look good to start with

Smh you couldn't be frabjous even if you tried.

i just gotta say that i'm really loving disappointed by d2 because of the complete and utter lack of content
i was really excited the first two weeks that it was out and now i don't even play it anymore
for $60, this game feels more like a free-to-play game than an aaa title
i've completely run out of things to do and pvp is boring because it's pretty much just run around and follow your team and shoot with them or die
the new stuffty shader system is ruined further by the awful MUST-HAVE MICROTRANSACTION RANDOM LOOT BOX SYSTEM that is in every loving game now with legendary shaders (the ones that actually look good) dropping only (or mostly idk) from the MICROTRANSACTION RANDOM LOOT BOX SYSTEM that you get teased and blueballed with whenever you level up
the fact that shaders only drop in stacks of 3-5 only further makes this system stuff
i really hope curse of osiris and future expansions fix this piece of stuff game as it is
also rename power to light im not going to call it loving power, bungie

ALSO why the forget is my guardian silent???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 10:17:37 PM by Daswiruch »

i've completely run out of things to do
The intention is that you play a few hours every week. The weekly reset switches up vendor-offered activities, the Nightfall and then gives new Milestones for many activities like the Raid and the Flashpoint. This week has Iron Banner, and every weekend Trials comes out. There's more on the way too.

and pvp is boring because it's pretty much just run around and follow your team and shoot with them or die
Get on mic and split up a bit more, especially when playing Control. You'll find becomes a frantic cap and dash that's a lot more enjoyable.

by the awful MUST-HAVE MICROTRANSACTION RANDOM LOOT BOX SYSTEM that is in every loving game
This was in Destiny 1, and is actually much improved over the D1 incarnation as you earn special gear a lot more often.

the fact that shaders only drop in stacks of 3-5 only further makes this system stuff
Why? At the most, you only need 5 shaders for a full set of armour, and I'm not so sure many people would want to use the same shaders on the armour as all their other gear.

ALSO why the forget is my guardian silent?
Because that's how Bungie does pretty much all their games.

The intention is that you play a few hours every week. The weekly reset switches up vendor-offered activities, the Nightfall and then gives new Milestones for many activities like the Raid and the Flashpoint. This week has Iron Banner, and every weekend Trials comes out. There's more on the way too.
i, and many other people, like to play for a few hours every day and there's just not enough stuff yet for this to be a $60 game.

Get on mic and split up a bit more, especially when playing Control. You'll find becomes a frantic cap and dash that's a lot more enjoyable.
This was in Destiny 1, and is actually much improved over the D1 incarnation as you earn special gear a lot more often.
nobody else is on mic ever. if you split up, you die because the other team is teamshooting against you. with aim assist, the second that someone starts shooting you you're pretty much as good as dead unless you can somehow escape, which rarely happens.

Why? At the most, you only need 5 shaders for a full set of armour, and I'm not so sure many people would want to use the same shaders on the armour as all their other gear.
a loot-based game where the next armor that you get will more than likely replace your current one doesn't do well with this stuff. if you want to change your shader to something else later, you've now wasted possibly 5 or 10 shaders because they're a consumable now. you can't get them back.

Because that's how Bungie does pretty much all their games.
in d1 your guardian was talking at least a few lines in a lot of the cutscenes and now they've gone radio silent
i've done my responses in bold in the quote because it's a lot easier than re-quoting it all for each separate responses
here's a quotable version if you want to reply further:
i, and many other people, like to play for a few hours every day and there's just not enough stuff yet for this to be a $60 game.
nobody else is on mic ever. if you split up, you die because the other team is teamshooting against you. with aim assist, the second that someone starts shooting you you're pretty much as good as dead unless you can somehow escape, which rarely happens.
a loot-based game where the next armor that you get will more than likely replace your current one doesn't do well with this stuff. if you want to change your shader to something else later, you've now wasted possibly 5 or 10 shaders because they're a consumable now. you can't get them back.
in d1 your guardian was talking at least a few lines in a lot of the cutscenes and now they've gone radio silent

i'm obviously a loving dumb cunt and WILL fall into the hype yet again when d2 releases on pc, seeing as i'm gonna get myself a non-toaster gaming pc as a birthday gift when i turn 18 this december and with it, d2
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 11:04:08 PM by Daswiruch »

Preload for PC tomorrow, FINALLY!

I've got just about every PvP meta gun now. The Prosecutor makes me nut. I don't get how the loving Last Hope works tho.