Game Theory: Gaming's Biggest Mystery SOLVED! | Half Life G MAN Theory

Author Topic: Game Theory: Gaming's Biggest Mystery SOLVED! | Half Life G MAN Theory  (Read 2015 times)

Alright so I watched the video. The whole theory is that the Gman isn't a human.
this isnt a loving theory this is literally the half life lore

Alright so I watched the video. The whole theory is that the Gman isn't a human. That's the whole thing. There's some other info on the side like voice actor coincidences and inclusion of (non-canon) Gearbox expansion pack lore, but there's nothing really more to it. I mean, forget, I wish I could get paid to regurgitate the story of a game in a non-insightful way.

And that screenshot it out of context. It's a from a one-off joke. Scared me, though.
Um, I'm pretty sure the point of his video was that the G-Man was a Nilhilanth.

this isnt a loving theory this is literally the half life lore
That's what I'm getting at. The video's totally asinine.

Um, I'm pretty sure the point of his video was that the G-Man was a Nilhilanth.
And based on what? The suit man touches his tie. Alright. The Nihilianth talks about how the gman isn't a man. That doesn't mean much. We already kinda knew that. It also says "comes another," but that comes as you teleport into Xen and the whole place is covered in human corpses in HEV suits (or maybe afterwards? I don't all the way recall.). You're the other, you're the next starfish in an orange suit. That's not the big alien saying there's two of him. The reason I simplified it the way I did is because that was all of the actually tangible information you were gonna get out of the video - that suit guy isn't a human. There just isn't any evidence to support the rest.

It's a bunch of poorly supported conjecture, so I'm really just gonna throw it out. Ooooooh man, the big alien's name when it's translated is "not a man!!!" That couldn't possibly be indicating that the big alien is not a man!!!

You don't get to spend 13 minutes of a 15 minute video repeating the lore of a series and glue on 1 and a half minutes of stuffty evidence and call it a solved mystery. It doesn't work like that.

Oh, and while I've got the chance I might as well also say that he got the reason the combine came to Earth wrong. It wasn't the Gman's nuclear bomb, it was the huge portal storm. I don't know why he'd say that in the video since I've never seen that put to writing anywhere else and it kinda doesn't make any sense either. Earth's been blowing up nuclear bombs for a few decades now, why is the one special? And on another note, if this is just like, a lie??? added to the video to make to work better, it would have been exactly the same to include that the gman gave black mesa the crystal, which caused the whole event, and just restate that.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 12:57:58 AM by Dreams_Of_Cheese »

You don't get to spend 13 minutes of a 15 minute video repeating the lore of a series and glue on 1 and a half minutes of stuffty evidence and call it a solved mystery. It doesn't work like that.

Welcome to Game Theory.

Welcome to Game Theory.
As it happens, this is actually the first video from this guy I've ever watched. I've heard of the memes, but I had no previous experience with the guy. Gotta admit, those pictures of him (or at least, I assume that him) are the opposite of endearing. And the way he went on about how he constantly alienates fans of series with his videos was so forgetin stupid, especially when he makes a video of this calibre. I get why they feel that way, the videos don't make any sense.

e; ehh this post took up too much space for an unfunny joke
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 01:41:42 AM by Decepticon »

As it happens, this is actually the first video from this guy I've ever watched. I've heard of the memes, but I had no previous experience with the guy. Gotta admit, those pictures of him (or at least, I assume that him) are the opposite of endearing. And the way he went on about how he constantly alienates fans of series with his videos was so forgetin stupid, especially when he makes a video of this calibre. I get why they feel that way, the videos don't make any sense.

The sad thing is that this is one of his better videos. Guys an obnoxious handicap. It's disgusting that anyone pays attention to him let alone subscribes to him.

matpat doesn't do his loving research: part 12516

Is that a loving joke

when you've read too many creepypastas and now believe that they are real

also in the gman video, he uses the "It's the same voice actor!" claim to prove his theory, even though in the pyro episode he claims that having the same voice actor does not determine what a character is or is related to.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 06:22:50 AM by Refticus »