5 (62.5%)
no
0 (0%)
dont care
3 (37.5%)
maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: How to use iPhone 6 personal hotspot as internet for hosting blockland games?  (Read 1377 times)

So my default internet is very crappy. 5-50kbs. It is the best i can get in my area since I live in a very small town that is considered a village by most. I can't move to a different town. I can't get better internet. But my iPhone 6 has unlimited data and I usually use it as my internet router. I just wanna host some games with little lag.

you won't be lagging, but everybody joining you probably will be
if you're already getting internet through your phone, you should be able to host if there's nothing blocking the ports

What i'm trying to do is make my players get less lag so they can enjoy my server.

I kind of doubt that hosting from a hotspot will be very playable for anybody who joins

Everytime i host a game with my iphone 6 internet my ping is ---. How do i fix that?

The hotspot is hooked up to my pc via USB.

Its probally because of my hotspots IP. there is 4 numbers or letters and it ends with : then more numbers or letters.

Wait, does blockland support IPv6?

Wait, does blockland support IPv6?
no its ipv4 exclusively iirc

You won't be able to host as cellular data uses shared IP addresses for each cellular tower. There is no UPnP and there are no ports forwarded to you. You can only receive data returning from outgoing requests, you can't receive and listen for any new connections.